Middlesex County College (MCC) is located in Edison New Jersey, but also has centers in New Brunswick and Perth Amboy, New Jersey. MCC’s mission is to “provide access to an affordable, quality education for diverse students and to promote lifelong learning opportunities to strengthen the economic, social and cultural life of the community.”
MCC offers over 700 courses and 100 degree and certificate programs. Enrollment for the fall of 2012 was at 12,898—more than half of enrollment of that enrollment, full-time students.
- Accounting, Business & Legal Studies
- Computer Science and Information Technology
- Dental Auxiliaries Education
- Engineering Technologies
- ESL/Languages & Cultures and Center for International Education
- Health, Physical Education, Recreation & Dance
- History & Social Sciences
- Visual, Performing & Media Arts
MCC full-time students are eligible to receive a 25% discount on rail, bus, or light rail monthly passes when they enroll through the NJ TRANSIT’s Quik-Tik Program through the school.
Student Support services include academic advising, career services, counseling, computer lab use, tutoring services, as well as health and safety service, disabilities services, and Veterans Services.
View a comprehensive list of services on the WCC Services & Support Page. School-specific information on transferring to or from MCC can be found on the Transfer Services Page or by calling (732) 906-2546 today.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $6,800. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $25 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $2,500-$3,100
- Out-of-State: $5,100-$6,106
- Part-time students are charged:
- In-State: $140-$170 per unit
- Out-of-State: $280-$340 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||60%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||52%||$5,046|
|Receiving Student Loans||12%||$4,109|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Middlesex County College may provide services to students like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Employment search assistance
- Day care
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges offer a variety of career and transfer options for students. The following table shows the graduation and transfer-out rates for Middlesex County College, versus those community colleges in New Jersey, which can be valuable information for determining which school to attend.
|Middlesex County College||Middlesex County||New Jersey|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Hygienist Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1970)
- Dietetic Technician Program
- Accredited by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (since 1980)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 2010)
- Find all the other nursing programs in New Jersey
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1970)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Middlesex County College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Personal and Culinary Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Middlesex County College.
- Brookdale Community College in Lincroft, NJ (18 miles away)
- Raritan Valley Community College in Branchburg, NJ (19 miles away)
- Essex County College in Newark, NJ (19 miles away)
- Hudson County Community College in Jersey City, NJ (22 miles away)
- Mercer County Community College in West Windsor, NJ (23 miles away)