North Central State College (NC State) is a two-year community college located in Mansfield, Ohio. With over 60 associate degree and certificate programs, NC State enrolls about 3,100 students each semester. The campus sits on 600 acres of walking paths and streams, sharing with the branch of The Ohio State University.
- General Studies
Associate of Arts / Associate of Science, Associate of Technical Studies
- Business Programs
Accounting, Business Management, Healthcare Management, Marketing
- Health Science Programs
Associate Degree Nursing (Registered Nursing), Bioscience, Health Information Technology, Occupational Therapy Assistant, Physical Therapist Assistant, Radiological Sciences, Respiratory Care
- Public Service and Education Programs
Criminal Justice, Criminal Justice – Law Enforcement, Criminal Justice – Peace Officer Fastrack, Early Childhood Education, Human Services, Paralegal Studies
- Technology and Engineering Programs
Computer Information Systems, Electronic Engineering Technology, Electrical Maintenance, Engineering Design, Manufacturing Technology, Mechanical Engineering Technology, Visual Communications Media and Technology
Transfer credit from other institutions of higher education will be determined upon receipt of an official transcript. Consider using TRANSFER.ORG—a free service to compare NC State classes to classes available at other colleges and universities.
The Student Success Center will provide assessment, advising, and support services to help students achieve their academic goals. Other student services include: access to computer labs, child care, and tutoring, as well as IT System Support, Career Development, and Counseling.
NC State’s Enrollment Steps (http://www.ncstatecollege.edu/cms/admissions/enrollment-steps.html)
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $4,200. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $3,000-$3,600
- Out-of-State: $6,000-$7,238
- Charges per unit:
- State Residents: $150-$180 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $300-$360 per credit unit
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||86%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||65%||$4,315|
|Receiving Student Loans||42%||$2,898|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, North Central State College may provide student services like:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Day care for children
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1979)
- Compare all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Ohio
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
- Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 2011)
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1973)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by North Central State College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Personal and Culinary Services
Philosophy and Religious Studies
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to North Central State College.
- Marion Technical College in Marion, OH (31 miles away)
- Bowling Green State University - Firelands in Huron, OH (41 miles away)
- Central Ohio Technical College in Newark, OH (51 miles away)
- Zane State College in Zanesville, OH (65 miles away)
- James A Rhodes State College in Lima, OH (76 miles away)