Northeast Mississippi Community College, located in Booneville, Mississippi, was founded in 1948 and was originally known as Northeast Mississippi Community College.The school's land was sold to the state with the purpose that a college be build upon it. The school took its current name in 1987 and currently maintains a five county service area that includes Alcorn, Prentiss, Tishomingo, Tippah, and Union. The school is one of fifteen in the state of Mississippi and also has two extension centers in Corinth and New Albany.
NEMCC is a comprehensive community college that offers programs and services that allow students to obtain academic transfer or career training. Career training programs provide education in a specific industry or field, often in demand locally, allowing the student to enter the workforce as a qualified professional upon completion. Programs typically take between one and two years to complete, conferring a degree or certificate upon completion. Academic transfer programs provide a curriculum that completes the first two years of a four year education followed by transfer to a four year college or university to complete the final two years and earn their bachelor's degree.
Programs offered include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
Students who wish to enroll at NEMCC may do so may by submitting a completed application for admission and paying all associated fees. Students should supply previous transcripts and test scores and may be required to take a placement exam prior to registration. Financial aid is available in the form of loans, scholarships and grants which are awarded based on need. A student's need is determined by the by the information on their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Aid must be applied for prior to each academic year.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $7,100. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $36 application fee for those applying to a program. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $2,300-$2,700
- Out-of-State: $4,500-$5,400
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $130-$150 per unit
- Out-of-State: $250-$300 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$4,831|
|Receiving Student Loans||20%||$4,488|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and alumni, Northeast Mississippi Community College may offer student services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
- Day care for children
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges offer a variety of career and transfer options for students. The following table shows the graduation and transfer-out rates for this school, versus those community colleges in Mississippi, which can be valuable information for determining which school to attend.
|Northeast Mississippi Community College||Prentiss County||Mississippi|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Hygienist Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1977)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1983)
- Find all the other nursing programs in Mississippi
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1996)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Northeast Mississippi Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Natural Resources and Conservation
Personal and Culinary Services
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Theology and Religious Vocations
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Northeast Mississippi Community College.
- Itawamba Community College in Fulton, MS (28 miles away)
- Northwest Shoals Community College - Muscle Shoals in Muscle Shoals, AL (50 miles away)
- Jackson State Community College in Jackson, TN (69 miles away)
- Northwest Mississippi Community College in Senatobia, MS (80 miles away)
- Mid - South Community College in West Memphis, AR (100 miles away)