Odessa College is located in the town of Odessa, Texas, situated near the vicinity of the city of Midland in the western portions of the Lone Star State.
OCC is a public admissions community college, and offers prospective students a 100% acceptance rate for admissions. Odessa Community College serves over 5,200 students. The student body demographics at Odessa College consist of about 1,500 full-time and approximately 3,800 part-time students.
The cost for tuition per year at Odessa College is $2700 for in state students and $3750 for out of state. Financial aid support is available for students, along with many other loan types including grants and scholarships.
Odessa College boasts a wide variety of academic programs and majors for prospective students, including offerings in the fields of general agricultural business and management, mass communications, salon and beauty salon management, elementary education and teaching, English language and literature, licensed practical and vocational nurse training and many more.
In addition to their proffered courses, Odessa College offers an impressive roster of varsity sports programs for students. No matter what an athlete's sport of choice may be, student athletes are likely to find theirs listed among the college's nine different athletic programs, which include more common choices such as baseball, basketball, and softball. For those with more unique tastes in their sports, Odessa College also offers varsity golf, volleyball, and even rodeo!
For more information on what Odessa College has to offer, click here.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $7,000. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range:
- State Residents: $1,900-$2,300
- Out-of-State: $4,500-$5,400
- Charges for part-time students are:
- State Residents: $86-$100 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $160-$190 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||71%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||67%||$4,575|
|Receiving Student Loans||6%||$4,036|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Odessa College may offer student services like those listed below:
- Online classes
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial courses
- Career path counseling
- Work study style employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Students who attend a community college will be able to choose from a variety of programs that will lead to an associate's degree or transfer to a four year institution. The following list shows graduation and transfer-out rates for Odessa College compared to community colleges in Texas, which can be useful for determining which community college to attend.
|Odessa College||Ector County||Texas|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Music Program
- Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music, Commission on Accreditation (since 1964)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1969)
- Find all the other nursing programs in Texas
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1970)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Odessa College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mathematics and Statistics
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Odessa College.
- Midland College in Midland, TX (19 miles away)
- Southwest Collegiate Institute for the Deaf in Big Spring, TX (57 miles away)
- Howard College in Big Spring, TX (61 miles away)
- New Mexico Junior College in Hobbs, NM (77 miles away)
- Western Texas College in Snyder, TX (102 miles away)