Panola College was established in 1947, and is located in Carthage, Texas. Panola College enrolled 2700 students this year, giving it the second highest enrollment rate in the state. Approximately 1300 of those students attend part time.
In state students who attend full time can expect to pay just under $9000 a year in tuition, which includes campus room and board, books, and additional fees. Out of state students won't need to dig much deeper, considering their annual tuition is around $9700.
Panola students have the opportunity to earn their associate's degree through various majors such as Business, Education, Engineering, Social Sciences and Visual and Performing Arts, to name just a few. Certification is also offered in a variety of vocational and technical classes, including Welding Technology and Marketable Skills. Panola College also utilizes three off campus sites in order to provide students with several convenient locations.
Several options are available to the student who is interested in becoming active in school clubs. Band, Media Arts, Swing Dance, Physics and Chemistry, and Theatre are just a few of the many organizations available to students. Fraternities, sororities, and the college sports teams (Baseball, Basketball, and Volleyball) are also popular choices for the student who wishes to be more involved.
Carthage is a relatively small town but is conveniently located approximately 20 to 40 miles from cities such as Shreveport, Marshall, and Longview. Panola students looking to spend a little more time exploring the local scenery will enjoy the benefit of being within close range to these lively areas.
Anyone interested in learning more about the academic opportunities available to them through Panola College may do so here.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $7,100. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $660 per year for in-state and nonresident students
- Charges for part-time students are:
- In-State: $25-$30 per unit
- Out-of-State: $100-$120 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||82%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||77%||$5,730|
|Receiving Student Loans||25%||$3,971|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To support students and graduates, Panola College may provide student services like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges offer a variety of career and transfer options for students. The following table shows the graduation and transfer-out rates for this school, versus those community colleges in Texas, which can be valuable information for determining which school to attend.
|Panola College||Panola County||Texas|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 2004)
- Find all the other nursing programs in Texas
- Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) Program
- Accredited by the American Occupational Therapy Association, Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (since 1998)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Panola College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Personal and Culinary Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Panola College.
- Northeast Texas Community College in Mount Pleasant, TX (71 miles away)
- University of Arkansas Community College - Hope in Hope, AR (112 miles away)
- South Arkansas Community College in El Dorado, AR (122 miles away)
- Lamar State College - Port Arthur in Port Arthur, TX (157 miles away)
- Hill College in Hillsboro, TX (160 miles away)