If you are ready to take an adventure that will mold and shape the rest of your future, think about joining the family of the Phillips Community College. Known as PCCU for short, Phillips Community College of the U of A provide high-quality education programs to serve communities in Eastern Arkansas.
Their education programs are interactive and easily obtained by individuals who wish to pursue a two year degree to broaden their horizons or transfer to a four year institution. PCCU takes the learning and personal development of their students very serious and as such, they provide each student with personal advisors to help them adjust into college life and decide on the best courses to take.
At PCCU students explore all options available to them and begin their journey towards completing a two year associate degree, studying various continuing education programs or doing college level courses that may be transferred to a four year university.
The student services offered at PCCU aids in the development of students’ educational and professional growth. Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas invests in their students’ education by providing an environment suitable for learning, professional success and personal growth.
PCCU provides a top of the line quality community college education at a very affordable price. In 2012 their annual fee was $960 for residents and $1160 for out-of-state residents.
Take a second to think about what you want and if it is a better future, visit http://www.pccua.edu and find a program that best suits your abilities and aspirations.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $4,800. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $2,000-$2,400
- Out-of-State: $3,800-$4,500
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $67-$80 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $130-$150 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||96%||$5,335|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas may offer services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Classes offered on nights and weekends
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assisting students to find work
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Students who attend a community college will be able to choose from a variety of programs that will lead to an associate's degree or transfer to a four year institution. The following list shows graduation and transfer-out rates for Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas compared to community colleges in Arkansas, which can be useful for determining which community college to attend.
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1986)
- See a list of all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Arkansas
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Personal and Culinary Services
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas.
- East Arkansas Community College in Forrest City, AR (33 miles away)
- Arkansas State University - Beebe in Beebe, AR (73 miles away)
- Southeast Arkansas College in Pine Bluff, AR (76 miles away)
- Arkansas State University - Newport in Newport, AR (79 miles away)
- University of Arkansas Community College - Batesville in Batesville, AR (98 miles away)