Santa Fe Community College (SFCC) is located in Santa Fe, New Mexico, serving more than 15,000 students each year in its credit, noncredit, and adult basic education programs. With more than 100 degree and certification programs, SFCC has more than 274 full-time and 587 part-time members of faculty and staff.
Academic School and Departments:
- School of Arts, Design and Media Arts
- School of Business and Education
- School of Fitness Education
- School of Health, Math and Sciences
- School of Liberal Arts
- School of Trades, Technology, Sustainability
- Economic and Workforce Development
- Continuing Education
- Adult Basic Education
Center of Academic Transitions provides services to advise graduates and transfer students in creating or auditing a degree plan, arranging campus tours, and a variety of career services to ensure the student’s success transitioning into the workforce.
Detailed Transfer information for students transfer to and from SFCC today by learning the courses you need to take to earn your chosen degree.
- In-State & In-District Resident: $39.50/credit hour
- In-State & Out-of-District Resident: $51.50/credit hour
- Out-of-State Resident: $98.00/credit hour
Additional fees include: service fee, Student Government Association, Distance Education, Laboratory, program and supply fees, and other fees (testing, fitness, etc).
Student Services include access to advice and counseling, Campus Cupboard (student food pantry), Career Services, student employment, technical support, tutoring, and childcare.
Apply Now with Santa Fe Community College via their portal or request information here.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $9,600. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range:
- State Residents: $1,300-$1,600
- Out-of-State: $3,100-$3,708
- Charges for part-time students are:
- State Residents: $45-$54 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $100-$120 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||81%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||80%||$4,232|
|Receiving Student Loans||5%||$5,002|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Santa Fe Community College may offer services like:
- Distance learning
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Career path counseling
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
- Child care
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Students who attend a community college will be able to choose from a variety of programs that will lead to an associate's degree or transfer to a four year institution. The following list shows graduation and transfer-out rates for SFCC compared to community colleges in New Mexico, which can be useful for determining which community college to attend.
|SFCC||Santa Fe County||New Mexico|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Assistant Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1972)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1989)
- See a list of all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in New Mexico
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Santa Fe Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
English Language and Literature
Ethnic Cultural and Gender Studies
Family and Consumer Sciences
Foreign Languages and Literature
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Natural Resources and Conservation
Personal and Culinary Services
Public Administration and Social Services
Recreation and Fitness Studies
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Santa Fe Community College.
- University of New Mexico - Los Alamos Campus in Los Alamos, NM (27 miles away)
- Northern New Mexico College in Espanola, NM (29 miles away)
- Luna Community College in Las Vegas, NM (43 miles away)
- Central New Mexico Community College in Albuquerque, NM (50 miles away)
- University of New Mexico - Taos Campus in Ranchos de Taos, NM (62 miles away)