Get more information about Southeast Arkansas College by clicking links below:
Southeast Arkansas College is a publicly operated institution with emphasis placed on workforce development and technical education. SEARK, as it is popularly known to students, faculty and residents in the communities served by this prestigious institution, has six different locations throughout the Lincoln, Grant, Drew, Cleveland, Jefferson, and Desha counties.
SERK has a mixed student population as it aims to provide all students who want to study in an area of service and quality education. The courses explored at Southeast Arkansas College prepare students for their role in the larger society such as transfer credits to a four year university or train students as technicians or for skilled professional careers.
SERK provides a comfortable and fully equipped environment to facilitate learning and development of their students. They offer adult education courses that have been specially formulated to improve life skills, literacy, and most importantly, to help adults succeed in getting their GED; the equivalent to a high school diploma.
If you are ready to take that next big step in your life, think about attending a prestigious two year community college and technical institution such as Southeast Arkansas College. Visit their website http://www.seark.edu to find a program designed just for you.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $3,000. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition estimates are:
- State Residents: $2,500-$3,000
- Out-of-State: $5,000-$6,048
- Charges per unit:
- State Residents: $84-$100 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $170-$200 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||95%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||95%||$5,305|
|Receiving Student Loans||25%||$2,458|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and alumni, Southeast Arkansas College may offer student services like those listed below:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Academic counseling for students
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Employment search assistance
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program (more info)
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 2001)
- See a list of all associate's degree in nursing (ADN) programs in Arkansas
- Radiology Technician Program (more info)
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 2001)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Southeast Arkansas College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Security and Protective Services
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Southeast Arkansas College.
- College of the Ouachitas in Malvern, AR (46 miles away)
- Arkansas State University - Beebe in Beebe, AR (60 miles away)
- National Park Community College in Hot Springs, AR (66 miles away)
- Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas in Helena, AR (76 miles away)
- University of Arkansas Community College - Morrilton in Morrilton, AR (76 miles away)