Located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, Southeast Technical Institute is situated in a community that is noted for its friendliness and inviting way of life. Sioux Falls, which was ranked number one as the best small place to conduct business and have a career, is home to museums, cultural centers and natural areas where one can enjoy camping, fishing, and hiking in their leisure time.
The school, which is located at 2320 North Career Avenue, in Sioux Falls, offers degrees through the following schools:
- The Institute of Advanced Technologies
- The Institute of Engineering Technology
- The Institute of Business and Communications
- The Institute of Health Technology
- The Institute of Human Services
- The Institute of Transportation Technology
- The institute of Horticulture Technology
Flexible degree options are offered so that you can take classes on-campus in the evening, totally online, or through a hybrid program, where you can take classes on-campus and through the Internet. Enrollment at the college is around 2,500 and the cost per year for students attending either from out-of-state or within the state is about $2,400.
Some of the degrees offered at the school include two-year programs that lead to conferment in the area of:
- Applied Horticulture and Horticulture Operations
- Desktop Publishing/Digital Imaging
- Design Animation
- Computer Programming
- Computer Systems Networking
- Information Systems Security
- Biomedical Technology
Further information can be obtained by contacting the school at 605-367-7624 or by simply requesting information from our portal today.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $12,300. In order to calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $2,600-$3,100 per year
- Per unit charges are around $240 for part time students
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||62%||$3,892|
|Receiving Student Loans||82%||$6,702|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and alumni, Southeast Technical Institute may offer student services including:
- Distance learning
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Assistance to find work
- Child care
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Students who attend a community college will be able to choose from a variety of programs that will lead to an associate's degree or transfer to a four year institution. The following list shows graduation and transfer-out rates for this school compared to community colleges in South Dakota, which can be useful for determining which community college to attend.
|Southeast Technical Institute||Minnehaha County||South Dakota|
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Southeast Technical Institute by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Security and Protective Services
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Southeast Technical Institute.
- Northwest Iowa Community College in Sheldon, IA (53 miles away)
- Iowa Lakes Community College in Estherville, IA (98 miles away)
- South Central College in North Mankato, MN (142 miles away)
- Iowa Western Community College in Council Bluffs, IA (166 miles away)
- North Iowa Area Community College in Mason City, IA (186 miles away)