Enhance your real career skills with technical and transfer programs at Southern State Community College. The community college, which is commonly known as SSCC, is situated in a pristine area in Hillsboro. The college is nestled near the Highland County Sheriff’s office and the Highland County Office of Reentry. It was established the Southern State General and Technical College in 1975. In 1977, the institution was renamed to Southern State Community College.
The college has four campuses within Ohio. The campuses include Washington Court House, Central, South and North Campus. It offers students convenience in terms of saving money and easy accessibility. Besides offering students career guidance on the available courses, the college also offers the students a wide range of courses to choose from. The admission process is very flexible and caters to students fresh from high school, returning students, veterans and transfer students.
Whether you want an associate, certificate or partnership degree, SSCC offers them all. The college provides a number of flexible class schedules and features both on-campus and online learning. The university collaborates with the following universities for partnership degree programs.
- Franklin University
- Lindsey Wilson College
- Marion Technical College
- Miami University
- Ohio Christian University
- Otterbein University
It also has a Transfer Agreements with;
- Bowling Green State University
- Capital University
- Chamberlain College of Nursing etc.
SSCC has several active students’ societies that make your experience great. These include activities in the fields of athletics, music, theatre, fine arts and respiratory care club.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $6,800. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition estimates per year:
- State Residents: $4,200-$5,100
- Out-of-State: $7,900-$9,526
- Part-time students are charged:
- State Residents: $160-$190 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $310-$370 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||94%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||89%||$3,723|
|Receiving Student Loans||52%||$4,081|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, Southern State Community College may provide services like:
- Online course work available
- Night and weekend classes available
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Assistance to find work
- Day care
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges often offer both career training programs and options for students to transfer-out to four year institutions, which is why the table below is so important, it compares Southern State Community College against community colleges in Ohio.
|Southern State Community College||Highland County||Ohio|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1989)
- Find all the other nursing programs in Ohio
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by Southern State Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Southern State Community College.
- Miami University - Middletown in Middletown, OH (45 miles away)
- Miami University - Hamilton in Hamilton, OH (52 miles away)
- Marion Technical College in Marion, OH (97 miles away)
- Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College in Mount Gay, WV (128 miles away)
- Kent State University at Tuscarawas in New Philadelphia, OH (145 miles away)