St. Cloud Technical and Community College (SCTCC) is located in Central Minnesota and was founded in 1948, the second technical college to do so in the state of Minnesota.
Located only a block from the Mississippi River, SCTCC is a short drive to scenic roads that pass through the rolling hills and gorgeous farmland of the Central MN region and only an hour to the Twin Cities metro area. The St. Cloud community has continued to grow rapidly and offers the best in education, healthcare, public transportation, and recreational activities.
SCTCC is a science and liberal arts college first and foremost, having introduced the Associate in Arts degree program in 2010. SCTCC offers students 90 study programs, including construction, computer technology, manufacturing, transportation, business management, and healthcare. More than 6,000 students are currently enrolled at SCTCC. To those students, SCTCC offers financial assistance in the form of loans, grants, and scholarships, as well as payment options.
To help students acclimate to campus life, SCTCC also offers various clubs, athletic programs, and activities, as well as academic, student, and technology services.
Applying to SCTCC is a five-step process:
- Fill out and turn in the application
- Receive acceptance letter
- Take Accuplacer assessment test
- Meet with an advisor
- Attend registration
Tuition varies based on degree programs, but most classes at SCTCC are about $177 per credit hour, for both resident and non-resident students. A chart detailing tuition fees can be found at SCTCC or can be obtained by requesting information from this portal.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $8,700. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. There is also a $20 application fee for students applying to the school. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $4,800-$5,700 for both in-state and out-of-state students
- Part time students pay in the range of $180 to $210 per unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||82%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||57%||$4,330|
|Receiving Student Loans||56%||$5,343|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To support students and graduates, St Cloud Technical and Community College may provide services to students like those listed below:
- Online course work available
- Remedial courses
- Counseling assistance
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
- Day care for children
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Students who attend a community college will be able to choose from a variety of programs that will lead to an associate's degree or transfer to a four year institution. The following list shows graduation and transfer-out rates for St Cloud Technical and Community College compared to community colleges in Minnesota, which can be useful for determining which community college to attend.
|St Cloud Technical and Community College||Stearns County||Minnesota|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Assistant Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1972)
- Dental Hygienist Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1994)
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 2014)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by St Cloud Technical and Community College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Communications and Journalism
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Personal and Culinary Services
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to St Cloud Technical and Community College.
- Anoka Technical College in Anoka, MN (42 miles away)
- Anoka - Ramsey Community College in Coon Rapids, MN (49 miles away)
- Hennepin Technical College in Brooklyn Park, MN (51 miles away)
- Central Lakes College - Brainerd in Brainerd, MN (53 miles away)
- Ridgewater College in Willmar, MN (53 miles away)