Technical education is a specialized course and prepares students for careers that require apt knowledge and technical skills. York Technical College provides this kind of education in the form of associate degrees, diplomas and certificate programs. While education is the stepping stone towards economic development – the York Technical College aims to contribute to the same by maximizing student success. Making education more and more accessible to students from York, Lancaster and Chester, this college aims to contribute to the betterment of society as a whole. The admissions policy is open and equal opportunities are provides to all. Qualified students get the right kind of access to education. Other than regular courses, this college also provides corporate and continuing education courses that are specially designed to promote occupational advancement. This helps to promote personal interest, business and industry growth.
York Technical College provides students with ample opportunities to learn and apply knowledge practically and grow as an individual. Professional courses help students to be prepared for what will come in the future when they step out into the world and pursue their careers. In this way students find it easy to select a career of their interest. This college has a flexible scheduling of programs and a supportive campus environment – this leads to a very conducive study environment and creates a great learning experience for students.
Courses offered are in business, computers, arts and science. Students can also opt for courses in Health and Human Services, Industrial and Engineering technologies or teaching and learning. In short, their courses are tailored to meet the needs of different individuals with different interests.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around $8,800. To calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. The figures listed below are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition range:
- State Residents: $3,900-$4,600
- Out-of-State: $8,900-$10,710
- Charges for part-time students are:
- State Residents: $160-$190 per credit unit
- Nonresidents: $370-$450 per credit unit
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student per year.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||94%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||94%||$5,788|
|Receiving Student Loans||66%||$5,685|
Admissions, Academics, & Student Services
To help students and recent graduates, York Technical College may provide student services like:
- Distance learning
- Weekend and night classes available
- Remedial instructional courses
- Counseling assistance
- Employing students to lower education costs
- Helping students find work after graduation
Graduation & Transfer Rates
Community colleges often offer both career training programs and options for students to transfer-out to four year institutions, which is why the table below is so important, it compares York Technical College against community colleges in South Carolina.
|York Technical College||York County||South Carolina|
Specialized Programs & Accreditations
- Dental Assistant Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1980)
- Dental Hygienist Program
- Accredited by the American Dental Association, Commission on Dental Accreditation (since 1991)
- Associate's Degree in Nursing (ADN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 1989)
- Find all the other nursing programs in South Carolina
- Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) Program
- Accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. ? May 6, 2013 Formerly: National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (since 2004)
- Radiology Technician Program
- Accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (since 1966)
The program list below is organized by areas of study. The programs that have a link will direct you to the program's profile page where you can learn more about education requirements and career pathways.
Get more information about the programs offered by York Technical College by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Business and Marketing Studies
Computer and Information Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
Legal Professions and Studies
Liberal Arts and Sciences
Mechanic and Repair Technology
Public Administration and Social Services
Security and Protective Services
Visual and Performing Arts
Other Community Colleges Nearby
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to York Technical College.
- Cleveland Community College in Shelby, NC (37 miles away)
- South Piedmont Community College in Polkton, NC (47 miles away)
- Stanly Community College in Albemarle, NC (51 miles away)
- Catawba Valley Community College in Hickory, NC (55 miles away)
- Rowan - Cabarrus Community College in Salisbury, NC (58 miles away)