Aesthetics Institute of Cosmetology offers career preparation services in the Gaithersburg, MD area.We will help you master the practical skills and knowledge to become a self-confident beauty professional.
We offer classes in:
- Nail technology
- Make up artist
The Institute’s philosophy is that it has a responsibility to both the students and the community. The goal is to prepare our students for a successful career in the beauty business. We teach our students that a career in the beauty field requires good fundamental training and skill development, having a good work ethic and a determination to succeed, and wanting to provide a service to the community. Our staff helps the students in all of these areas. Before prospective students are admitted to the Institute, we make sure that they want to be in the beauty business and can benefit from our training programs. Students are expected to have a good work ethic, and are counseled and motivated to realize their full potential.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Aesthetics Institute of Cosmetology. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (301) 351-3642.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered most often takes about twelve months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $16,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,600*
- 15 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 12 months
Read more and see other schools listed by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page.
Esthetician (600 Hours)
Esthetician program takes approximately six months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $9,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,400*
- 6 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 6 months
Learn more and see other schools listed by going to our esthetician schools profile page.
The program offered most often takes about three months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $3,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $500*
- The length of the program is usually 3 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||84%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||84%||$4,075|
|Receiving Student Loans||65%||$4,422|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Aesthetics Institute of Cosmetology. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Hair Expressions Academy in Rockville, MD (5 miles away)
- American Beauty Academy - Wheaton in Wheaton, MD (8 miles away)
- Avi Career Training in Great Falls, VA (12 miles away)
- Montgomery Beauty School in Silver Spring, MD (13 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell the School - Mclean in McLean, VA (14 miles away)
- Bennett Career Institute in Washington, DC (16 miles away)
- Graham Webb International Academy of Hair in Arlington, VA (17 miles away)
- Hair Academy Inc - New Carrollton in New Carrollton, MD (20 miles away)