Alvareitas College of Cosmetology - Belleville offers a career oriented education in the cosmetology industry. The school is located in Belleville, IL, which is in a predominantly residential area. Alvareitas College of Cosmetology - Belleville is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, having held that accreditation for the last twelve consecutive years. The main program taught by this school is in cosmetology, which prepares students with the skills necessary to obtain licensure and seek out gainful employment after graduation. In addition, this school also provides a cosmetology instructor training program for students that wish to become a cosmetology instructor and a barbering program, which offers an education geared toward cutting and grooming hair for boys and men..
Over the last several years close to sixty-nine students have graduated from Alvareitas College of Cosmetology - Belleville, with about 63% of students who start the program continue on to complete it. In 2009 the reported default rate of individuals taking federal student loans to help pay the tuition for this school was around 7.6%.
Alvareitas College of Cosmetology - Belleville provides cosmetology career pathway counseling to help students. Students should look up state licensing requirements to determine whether programs meet current standards. Get even more information by visiting the school's official website, where you can learn about program details, financial aid & tuition, and disclosures.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Alvareitas College of Cosmetology – Belleville. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (618) 257-9193.
Hair Styling (1,540 Hours)
The hair styling program offered commonly takes about thirteen months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $13,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,000*
- 9 students completed the hair styling program last year
- Takes about 13 months to complete
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (1,000 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes about eight months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $7,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $200*
- Takes about 8 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||78%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||56%||$3,913|
|Receiving Student Loans||78%||$3,328|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Alvareitas College of Cosmetology – Belleville. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Regency Beauty Institute - Fairview Heights in Fairview Heights, IL (4 miles away)
- St Louis Hair Academy in Saint Louis, MO (13 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell The School St Louis in St. Louis, MO (14 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - Mehlville in Mehlville, MO (17 miles away)
- Skin Institute in Saint Louis, MO (18 miles away)
- Alvareitas College of Cosmetology - Edwardsville in Edwardsville, IL (19 miles away)
- National Academy of Beauty Arts - St Louis in Saint Louis, MO (19 miles away)
- Elaine Steven Beauty College in Saint Louis, MO (20 miles away)