Students interested in a career in cosmetology can obtain an education through Arkansas College of Barbering and Hair Design, which is located in a metropolitan area of North Little Rock, Arkansas. Arkansas College of Barbering and Hair Design is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges, and has done so for the last 23 straight years. This school's cosmetology program is constructed to prepare students for immediate employment upon completion, providing all the skills needed to prepare students for licensure and employment in the beauty industry. The cosmetology training courses offered at this location are:
This school graduates approximately fifty-eight students yearly, with students completing the programs with a graduate rate of about 79%. In 2009 the reported default rate of individuals taking loans to help pay the tuition for this school was around 17%.
Arkansas College of Barbering and Hair Design provides job placement opportunities for individuals looking for work. City and state licensing procedures may vary, and as such it is recommended students research getting a license in cosmetology. Students can learn more about Arkansas College of Barbering and Hair Design, including licensing and consumer disclosures, by visiting arkansascollegeofbarbering.com.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Arkansas College of Barbering and Hair Design. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (501) 376-9696.
Barber (1,500 Hours)
Barber program takes approximately ten months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $18,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,600*
- 73 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the barber program is usually 10 months
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (600 Hours)
Cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes approximately six months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $7,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $600*
- 10 students completed the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program last year
- Takes about 6 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||93%||$4,903|
|Receiving Student Loans||100%||$8,929|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Arkansas College of Barbering and Hair Design. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- New Tyler Barber College Inc in North Little Rock, AR (0.8 miles away)
- Imagine - Paul Mitchell Partner School in North Little Rock, AR (1 miles away)
- Velvatex College of Beauty Culture in Little Rock, AR (2 miles away)
- Lees School of Cosmetology in North Little Rock, AR (3 miles away)
- The Salon Professional Academy - Little Rock in North Little Rock, AR (3 miles away)
- Washington Barber College Inc in Little Rock, AR (6 miles away)
- Arkansas Beauty School - Little Rock in Little Rock, AR (7 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - Little Rock in Little Rock, AR (7 miles away)