Aveda is a company founded in 1978 by Horst Rechelbacher after a trip to India allowed him to outline his idea for products and services that would define the Aveda name. Currently the company is owned by Estee Lauder Companies, Inc. though it operates as a separate entity. The Aveda Institutes are a collection of fifty nine locations globally that provide education and training in cosmetology and esthetics. The company also prides itself on its environmental awareness and dedication making the world a better place.
Aveda Institutes are also spas and salons, which allows student who choose to attend to experience multiple aspects of business beyond the tradition skin and hair care education. Aveda’s approach to education involves preparing students for the real world, taking on the roles necessary to understand and succeed in the beauty business. In addition graduates may find employment opportunities through an Aveda spa or salon, providing job security and potential growth.
The Indianapolis branch of Aveda Institutes is located at 6020 E 82nd St. Approximately 110 students graduate from this campus per year. To learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting avedafredricsinstitute.com.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Aveda Fredric’s Institute – Indianapolis. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at 51353313.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered usually takes about thirteen months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $19,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,800*
- 96 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 13 months to complete
Get more information about cosmetology and find other schools listed by going to our cosmetology schools page.
Esthetician (700 Hours)
The esthetician program takes about six months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $9,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,400*
- 10 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 6 months
Learn more about esthetician programs through our esthetician schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
program takes on average four months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $6,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $600*
- Takes about 4 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||80%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||46%||$3,865|
|Receiving Student Loans||75%||$11,627|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Aveda Fredric’s Institute – Indianapolis. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Regency Beauty Institute - Castleton in Indianapolis, IN (0.06 miles away)
- Hair Fashions By Kaye Beauty College - Indianapolis in Indianapolis, IN (0.4 miles away)
- Honors Beauty College in Indianapolis, IN (2 miles away)
- Hair Fashions By Kaye Beauty College - Noblesville in Noblesville, IN (9 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Speedway in Speedway, IN (13 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - Indianapolis II in Indianapolis, IN (16 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Indianapolis in Indianapolis, IN (17 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell The School Indianapolis in Indianapolis, IN (19 miles away)