The CAPRI Institute of hair design was founded in 1961 by Helmut E. Muenster, also known as “The man with the golden scissors.” Since then the SAPRI Institute has flourished, and now has four campuses, located in the cities of Clifton, Kenilworth, Brick and Paramus in the state of New Jersey. The school emulates Mr. Muenster's standard of excellence and love of teaching.
The CAPRI Institute offers a quality education in cosmetology. Built up on the solid foundations set forth by Mr. Muenster, The CAPRI Institute maintains quality facilities and up to date trends and techniques to ensure that students will be fully prepared to work after graduation. All programs are designed to prepare students for state licensing requirements.
Programs offered include:
Admissions and Financial Aid
Interested students should fill out the online form to make an appointment with a school representative and visit the campus. Alternatively you can ask to be sent a brochure for further consideration.
The CAPRI Institute helps students construct financial packages through the use of financial aid counselors. Interested students should meet with counselors to discuss and work toward finding the best solutions to their financial needs.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Capri Institute – Clifton. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (800) 232-2774.
Cosmetology (1,200 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $15,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,200*
- 83 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 12 months
Learn more about cosmetology programs by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
Barber (900 Hours)
The barber program takes about nine months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $11,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,100*
- 12 students completed the barber program last year
- Takes about 9 months to complete
Esthetician (600 Hours)
Esthetician program takes usually six months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $8,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $700*
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 6 months
Read more and browse other schools listed by going to our esthetician schools page.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (600 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program offered usually takes about six months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $6,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $300*
- Takes about 6 months to complete
The program offered usually takes about four months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $3,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $500*
- Takes about 4 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||87%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||70%||$4,928|
|Receiving Student Loans||87%||$10,233|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Capri Institute – Clifton. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Roman Academy of Beauty Culture in Hawthorne, NJ (5 miles away)
- Parisian Beauty School in Hackensack, NJ (6 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Paramus in Paramus, NJ (6 miles away)
- Capri Institute - Paramus in Paramus, NJ (7 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Bloomfield in Bloomfield, NJ (7 miles away)
- Robert Fiance Beauty Schools - West New York in West New York, NJ (10 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Jersey City in Jersey City, NJ (11 miles away)
- Total Image Beauty Academy in Union City, NJ (11 miles away)