CAPRI institute is a private cosmetology institute with four locations throughout the state of New Jersey. The school was founded in 1961 by Helmut E. Muenster, who passed away in 1983 and was a prominent member of the state’s professional cosmetologists. Since the school’s founding the system has grown in scope and size, adding additional programs and following the guidance of Anne E. Muenster. The school is known for its excellence in training and maintains its high standards heading into the future.
Students are able to choose from a number of high demand beauty specialties when considering their educations, including cosmetology, barbering, skin care (esthetics) and nail technology. The school also offers instructor training for professionals who wish to become licensed teachers. The school’s faculty consists of experienced industry professionals that utilize their knowledge and experience to ensure that students are prepared upon graduation for entry into the workforce. The skill development and training provided by the school is designed to ensure that employer needs will be met.
The Kenilworth branch of Capri Institute is located at 660 N Michigan Ave. This campus has graduated about 410 students in recent years. This location provides services for students in the form of career guidance for students in need of help, job placement opportunities for students after graduation, and remedial education classes for program or licensure preparation. To learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting capriinstitute.com.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Capri Institute – Kenilworth. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (800) 232-2774.
Cosmetology (1,200 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $15,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,200*
- 65 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 12 months
Get more information about cosmetology and browse other schools listed by checking out our cosmetology schools page.
Barber (900 Hours)
The barber program offered usually takes about nine months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $11,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,100*
- 18 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the barber program is usually 9 months
Esthetician (600 Hours)
Esthetician program takes usually six months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $8,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $700*
- 15 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 6 months
Learn more about esthetician programs by taking a look at our esthetician schools profile page, which lists schools offering this program along with a career overview.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (600 Hours)
Cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes usually six months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $6,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $300*
- Takes about 6 months to complete
The program offered usually takes about four months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $3,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $500*
- Takes about 4 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||63%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||48%||$5,025|
|Receiving Student Loans||59%||$8,105|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Capri Institute – Kenilworth. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- European Academy of Cosmetology - Union in Union, NJ (3 miles away)
- Robert Fiance Beauty Schools - North Plainfield in North Plainfield, NJ (8 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Bloomfield in Bloomfield, NJ (9 miles away)
- Career School of NY in Staten Island, NY (12 miles away)
- Academy of Cosmetology and Esthetics NYC in Staten Island, NY (12 miles away)
- Robert Fiance Beauty Schools - Perth Amboy in Perth Amboy, NJ (13 miles away)
- Total Image Beauty Academy in Union City, NJ (13 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Jersey City in Jersey City, NJ (14 miles away)