CAPRI institute is a private cosmetology institute with four locations throughout the state of New Jersey. The school was founded in 1961 by Helmut E. Muenster, who passed away in 1983 and was a prominent member of the state’s professional cosmetologists. Since the school’s founding the system has grown in scope and size, adding additional programs and following the guidance of Anne E. Muenster. The school is known for its excellence in training and maintains its high standards heading into the future.
Students are able to choose from a number of high demand beauty specialties when considering their educations, including cosmetology, barbering, skin care (esthetics) and nail technology. The school also offers instructor training for professionals who wish to become licensed teachers. The school’s faculty consists of experienced industry professionals that utilize their knowledge and experience to ensure that students are prepared upon graduation for entry into the workforce. The skill development and training provided by the school is designed to ensure that employer needs will be met.
Capri Institute – Paramus is located at 615 Winters Ave in the city of Paramus. This campus has a graduating class size which is approximately eighty-nine students yearly. This location provides services for students in the form of job placement opportunities for students after graduation, career pathway assistance for students in need of help, and remedial education classes for program or licensure preparation. To learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting capriinstitute.com.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Capri Institute – Paramus. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (800) 232-2774.
Cosmetology (1,200 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes usually twelve months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $15,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,200*
- 64 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 12 months to complete
Read more and browse other schools listed by visiting our cosmetology schools information page.
Barber (900 Hours)
Barber program takes usually nine months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $11,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,100*
- Takes about 9 months to complete
Esthetician (600 Hours)
The esthetician program takes about six months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $8,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $700*
- 19 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the esthetician program is usually 6 months
Read more and browse other schools listed by going to our esthetician schools profile page.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (600 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program offered on average takes about six months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $6,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $300*
- Takes about 6 months to complete
The program takes about four months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $3,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $500*
- The length of the program is usually 4 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||75%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||42%||$5,027|
|Receiving Student Loans||71%||$7,770|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Capri Institute – Paramus. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Empire Beauty School - Paramus in Paramus, NJ (4 miles away)
- Roman Academy of Beauty Culture in Hawthorne, NJ (4 miles away)
- Parisian Beauty School in Hackensack, NJ (5 miles away)
- Capri Institute - Clifton in Clifton, NJ (7 miles away)
- Capri School of Hair Design in Nanuet, NY (10 miles away)
- Brittany Beauty School - Bronx in Bronx, NY (11 miles away)
- Robert Fiance Beauty Schools - West New York in West New York, NJ (13 miles away)
- Westchester School of Beauty Culture in Mount Vernon, NY (13 miles away)