Gene Juarez Academy of Beauty is located in Seattle, WA, and is a career institution that focuses on cosmetology education and training. The National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences has accredited the instruction & training provided by Gene Juarez Academy of Beauty for over thirty-six straight years. This school has an in-depth cosmetology program that trains individuals for entry into the beauty industry as qualified and licensed professionals. In addition, this school also offers a cosmetology instructor training program for individuals who want to become a cosmetology instructor and a nail technology program for individuals who wish to pursue nail artistry.
Over the last couple of years nearly 670 students have graduated from this school, with students completing the programs with a graduate rate of about 66%. Between the years of 2007-2009 the estimated default rate for students taking loans to help pay the tuition for this school was approximately 16%.
Gene Juarez Academy of Beauty provides student services including job placement options for students looking for work and cosmetology career guidance & assistance to help students. State licensing procedures may vary, and as such it is suggested students research getting a license in cosmetology. To see more and get consumer disclosures, please visit genejuarezacademy.com.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Gene Juarez Academy of Beauty. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (206) 368-0210.
Cosmetology (1,600 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered usually takes about fourteen months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $18,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $3,000*
- 112 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 14 months
Get more information about cosmetology and see other schools listed by going to our cosmetology schools profile page.
The program offered usually takes about four months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $7,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,000*
- The length of the program is usually 4 months
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (500 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes about three months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $5,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $700*
- 7 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program is usually 3 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The overall cost students will pay at this school is approximately - after scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are taken into consideration. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at Gene Juarez Academy. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||96%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||95%||$6,219|
|Receiving Student Loans||69%||$8,011|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Gene Juarez Academy of Beauty. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Toni & Guy Hairdressing Academy - Shoreline in Shoreline, WA (2 miles away)
- Gary Manuel Aveda Institute in Seattle, WA (6 miles away)
- Evergreen Beauty & Barber College - Bellevue in Bellevue, WA (10 miles away)
- Paroba College in Everett, WA (15 miles away)
- Evergreen Beauty & Barber College - Everett in Everett, WA (15 miles away)
- Gene Juarez Academy of Beauty - Branch Campus in Federal Way, WA (27 miles away)
- Cascade Beauty College in Auburn, WA (28 miles away)
- The Salon Professional Academy - Tacoma in Tacoma, WA (34 miles away)