Students interested in a career in cosmetology may get an education through Hair Design Institute at Fifth Avenue - Brooklyn, which is located in a metropolitan area of Brooklyn, New York. Hair Design Institute at Fifth Avenue - Brooklyn has been accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences since 2011. The school offers an in-depth cosmetology program that provides the skills and abilities necessary to pursue licensure and long term employment upon completion.
In 2010-2011 about ninety-nine students graduated from this school, with a graduation rate of around 73%. Between the years of 2007-2009 the average estimated default rate for students taking loans to pay for this school was around 11%.
Hair Design Institute at Fifth Avenue - Brooklyn provides job placement options for students looking for work. Students should look up state and county licensing requirements to determine whether programs meet established standards. To see more and get consumer disclosures, you can visit hairdesigninstitute.com.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Hair Design Institute at Fifth Avenue – Brooklyn. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (718) 745-1000.
Cosmetology (1,000 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $14,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,100*
- 103 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 12 months
Read more and see other schools listed by visiting our cosmetology schools information page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||93%||$5,511|
|Receiving Student Loans||86%||$10,732|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Hair Design Institute at Fifth Avenue – Brooklyn. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Seminar L'moros Bais Yaakov in Brooklyn, NY (2 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Brooklyn in Brooklyn, NY (3 miles away)
- Career School of NY in Staten Island, NY (3 miles away)
- Aveda Institute - New York in New York, NY (6 miles away)
- Academy of Cosmetology and Esthetics NYC in Staten Island, NY (7 miles away)
- Carsten Aveda Institute of New York in New York, NY (7 miles away)
- Midway Paris Beauty School in Ridgewood, NY (7 miles away)
- Atelier Esthetique Institute of Esthetics in New York, NY (8 miles away)