Interested individuals in and around Houston may get a cosmetology education by enrolling at Houston Training School - South. Houston Training School - South primarily offers education in the area of cosmetology through professional and experienced teachers, increasing the chances that students who complete the program are equipped with the skills needed to pursue licensure and long term employment. In addition to cosmetology, this school also has a nail technology program for individuals who wish to pursue nail artistry and a cosmetology instructor training program for students who wish to become a cosmetology instructor.
In 2010-2011 approximately 110 students completed programs at this school, with a graduation rate of around 68%.
Houston Training School - South offers student services such as help with finding job options for students and career assistance for students starting their a career in cosmetology. Students are advised to look up local and state licensing requirements to ensure programs meet established standards. Get more information by visiting the school's official website, where you can see program details, financial aid & tuition, and disclosures.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Houston Training School – South. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (281) 867-9099.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered most often takes about eighteen months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $12,000*
- 68 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 18 months
Learn more about cosmetology programs by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
The program takes about nine months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $6,000*
- The length of the program is usually 9 months
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (750 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $7,000*
- Takes about 12 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$5,335|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Houston Training School – South. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Houston Training School - Jacinto City in Houston, TX (5 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - Pasadena in Pasadena, TX (10 miles away)
- Mai - trix Beauty College in Houston, TX (13 miles away)
- Texas Barber Colleges and Hairstyling Schools in Houston, TX (14 miles away)
- Trend Barber College in Houston, TX (14 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - SW Houston in Houston, TX (14 miles away)
- Jay's Technical Institute in Houston, TX (14 miles away)
- North West Beauty School in Houston, TX (15 miles away)