Located in Grand Rapids, MI, International Cosmetology Academy is a private beauty school that provides career education for potential students interested in cosmetology. This school is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, having held that accreditation for the last five years. The school offers an in-depth cosmetology program that teaches the skills required to get licensure and employment upon graduation. In addition to cosmetology, International Cosmetology Academy also offers a nail technology program for individuals who wish to pursue nail care, a cosmetology instructor training program for students who wish to become a cosmetology instructor, and an esthetics program, which provides an excellent education in the field of skin care.
Over 400 students have attended International Cosmetology Academy over the past several years, with a graduation rate of around 57%.
International Cosmetology Academy provides student services including cosmetology career guidance & assistance to help students and job placement opportunities for students looking for work. Students should look up local and state licensing requirements to determine whether programs meet current standards. Get more information by visiting the school's official website, where you can see programs available, tuition, and disclosures.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at International Cosmetology Academy. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (616) 248-3335.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about twelve months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $14,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $2,100*
- 22 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 12 months to complete
Learn more about cosmetology programs through our cosmetology schools profile page, which also includes career information.
program takes usually five months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $2,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $900*
- Takes about 5 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$4,715|
|Receiving Student Loans||88%||$8,174|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to International Cosmetology Academy. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Empire Beauty School - Michigan in Grand Rapids, MI (8 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - Grand Rapids in Walker, MI (8 miles away)
- French Academy of Cosmetology in Spring Lake, MI (30 miles away)
- Nuvo College of Cosmetology in Norton Shores, MI (34 miles away)
- West Michigan College of Barbering and Beauty LLC in Kalamazoo, MI (45 miles away)
- School of Designing Arts in Battle Creek, MI (46 miles away)
- Wright Beauty Academy - Battle Creek in Battle Creek, MI (47 miles away)
- Wright Beauty Academy - Portage in Portage, MI (48 miles away)