LaBaron Hairdressing Academy offers a career oriented education in the cosmetology industry. The school is located in Overland Park, KS, which is in a predominantly metropolitan area. LaBaron Hairdressing Academy is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, and has done so continuously for the last twenty-seven consecutive years. This school's cosmetology program is designed to train students for long term employment upon completion, providing all the skills required to prepare students for licensure and employment in the beauty industry. In addition, LaBaron Hairdressing Academy also offers a nail technology program, which offers education in nail artistry and care.
Close to 170 students graduated from LaBaron Hairdressing Academy over the past couple years, with students completing the programs with a graduate rate of around 94%. This school reported students had a federal loan default rate of approximately 7.5% in 2009.
LaBaron Hairdressing Academy provides student services such as help with finding job opportunities for students and career assistance for students starting their a career in cosmetology. Students should look up state and county licensing regulations to make sure programs meet established standards. For additional information regarding consumer disclosures, interested individuals may visit the school's website.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at LaBaron Hairdressing Academy. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (913) 642-0077.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about ten months for most students to complete.
- Tuition estimate is $14,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,300*
- 14 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 10 months to complete
Learn more about cosmetology programs by visiting our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
The program offered commonly takes about two months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Tuition estimate is $2,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,100*
- The length of the program is usually 2 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||75%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||67%||$5,332|
|Receiving Student Loans||58%||$5,282|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to LaBaron Hairdressing Academy. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Entourage Institute of Beauty and Esthetics in Lenexa, KS (3 miles away)
- House of Heavilin Beauty College - Kansas City in Kansas City, MO (6 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - Olathe in Olathe, KS (8 miles away)
- Transformed Barber and Cosmetology Academy in Kansas City, MO (8 miles away)
- House of Heavilin Beauty College - Raymore in Raymore, MO (10 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - Kansas City in Kansas City, MO (13 miles away)
- Independence College of Cosmetology in Independence, MO (15 miles away)
- Paris II Educational Center in Gladstone, MO (17 miles away)