Students interested in a career in cosmetology and beauty may pursue an education through Maryland Beauty Academy, which is located in a residential area of Reisterstown, MD. This school has been accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences since 1987. The school offers a comprehensive cosmetology program that provides the skills required to pursue licensure and long term employment upon graduation. In addition, Maryland Beauty Academy also has a nail technology program, which provides education in nail care.
In 2010-2011 close to twenty students graduated from this school, with students graduating with a rate of around 78%. The federal student loan default rate last reported, which covers years 2007-2009, averaged around 8.6% for individuals taking loans to pay for this school.
Maryland Beauty Academy provides student services in the form of job placement opportunities for individuals looking for work and cosmetology career guidance to help students. Students must look up local and state licensing regulations to determine whether programs meet established standards. To learn more and get consumer disclosures, you can visit baltimorestudio.com.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Maryland Beauty Academy. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (410) 517-0442.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes usually fifteen months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $18,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,600*
- 14 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 15 months to complete
Read more and browse other schools listed by checking out our cosmetology schools page.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||90%||$4,029|
|Receiving Student Loans||100%||$4,349|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Maryland Beauty Academy. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Empire Beauty School - Owings Mills in Owings Mills, MD (5 miles away)
- Robert Paul Academy of Cosmetology Arts & Sciences in Timonium, MD (11 miles away)
- Baltimore Studio of Hair Design in Baltimore, MD (16 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - Baltimore - Golden Ring in Baltimore, MD (20 miles away)
- Maryland Beauty Academy of Essex in Baltimore, MD (21 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - Hanover in Hanover, PA (23 miles away)
- International Beauty School - Bel Air in Bel Air, MD (26 miles away)
- Aesthetics Institute of Cosmetology in Gaithersburg, MD (30 miles away)