Students interested in a career in cosmetology can obtain an education through Modern Beauty Academy, which is located in a metropolitan area of Oxnard, California. This school is accredited by the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences, having held that accreditation for the last 41 years.
The school offers an in-depth cosmetology program that provides the skills necessary to get licensure and long term employment upon graduation. In addition to cosmetology, this school also has a nail technology program, which offers education in nail artistry and care and a cosmetology instructor training program for individuals who want to become educators.
Over the last several years nearly 130 students have completed programs at this school, with about 76% of students who start the program continue on to graduate. This school reported individuals had a federal loan default rate of approximately 9.5% in the most recent reporting year.
Modern Beauty Academy offers student services including career assistance for students beginning a career in cosmetology and help with finding job options for students. Students must look up state and county licensing requirements to make sure programs meet established standards. To read more and get consumer disclosures, please visit the school's website.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Modern Beauty Academy. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (805) 483-4994.
Cosmetology (1,600 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about thirteen months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $17,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $800*
- 16 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 13 months
Learn more about cosmetology programs by taking a look at our cosmetology schools profile page, which also includes career information.
program takes usually five months to complete. Students who complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $4,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $600*
- The length of the program is usually 5 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||96%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||96%||$5,194|
|Receiving Student Loans||54%||$5,346|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Modern Beauty Academy. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Lu Ross Academy in Ventura, CA (9 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell the School - Santa Barbara in Santa Barbara, CA (33 miles away)
- Academy for Salon Professionals in Canoga Park, CA (33 miles away)
- Newberry School of Beauty in Granada Hills, CA (39 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell the School - Sherman Oaks in Sherman Oaks, CA (41 miles away)
- Academy of Esthetics and Cosmetology in San Fernando, CA (43 miles away)
- Aveda Fredric's Institute - Los Angeles in Los Angeles, CA (43 miles away)
- Elegance International in Hollywood, CA (49 miles away)