Paul Mitchell Schools was founded based on the principles of Paul Mitchell, a well known hair designer and product innovator. Students of Paul Mitchell can learn the methods and techniques necessary for a successful career in cosmetology. Paul Mitchell Schools are located throughout the United States with over sixty five locations to choose from.
Paul Mitchell Schools provides an in depth education in cosmetology, particularly its artistry and creativity, as well as a fundamental understanding of business as it relates to the field. Individuals who complete a program will receive a certificate in cosmetology and will have developed the skills necessary to pursue employment within the industry. Additional programs may be available in esthetics, nails, barbering and teacher training. The school prides itself on helping students achieve their personal and professional goals.
Paul Mitchell the School is located at 2 National Place in the city of Danbury. This campus has graduated about 230 students over the past few years. This location offers services for students in the form of post-graduation job placement options, career pathway counseling to help students define their goals, and remedial education courses for licensure preparation or admissions requirements. You can learn more, including the school's consumer disclosures, by visiting paulmitchell.edu.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Paul Mitchell the School. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (203) 744-0900.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
Cosmetology program takes approximately twelve months to complete. Students that complete this program may be eligible to pursue licensing.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $18,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $3,300*
- 65 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 12 months
Learn more about cosmetology programs by taking a look at our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||92%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||61%||$4,434|
|Receiving Student Loans||86%||$10,732|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Paul Mitchell the School. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Oxford Academy of Hair Design in Seymour, CT (19 miles away)
- M J Murphy Beauty College of Mount Pleasant in Mount Pleasant, MI (25 miles away)
- North Westchester School of Hair - Cosmetology in Peekskill, NY (26 miles away)
- Connecticut Institute of Hair Design in Wolcott, CT (27 miles away)
- Northhaven Academy in North Haven, CT (30 miles away)
- Academy Di Capelli - School of Cosmetology in Wallingford, CT (34 miles away)
- Branford Academy of Hair & Cosmetology in Branford, CT (34 miles away)
- Capri School of Hair Design in Nanuet, NY (36 miles away)