Protege Academy, located in the rural area of East Lansing, Michigan, specializes in cosmetology training for students. The National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences has accredited the cosmetology education provided by Protege Academy for over 3 straight years. The school offers a comprehensive cosmetology program that provides the skills and education required to obtain licensure and gainful employment upon completion.
Protege Academy provides student services including cosmetology career guidance to help students and job placement options for individuals looking for work. Students should look up state and county licensing regulations to ensure programs meet established standards. Students can learn more about Protege Academy, including licensing and consumer disclosures, by visiting protegeacademy.com.
Below is a listing of the programs that may be offered at Protege Academy. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (517) 324-3388.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about sixteen months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $17,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $2,000*
- 38 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 16 months
Learn more about cosmetology programs through our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes lists on other schools offering this program.
The program offered on average takes about six months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $6,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,100*
- The length of the program is usually 6 months
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor (500 Hours)
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor program offered on average takes about five months to complete and may fulfill course requirements for licensing.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $5,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $200*
- Takes about 5 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||81%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||75%||$4,179|
|Receiving Student Loans||72%||$8,575|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Protege Academy. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Douglas J Aveda Institute in East Lansing, MI (3 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - Lansing in Lansing, MI (28 miles away)
- Regency Beauty Institute - Flint in Flint, MI (39 miles away)
- Flint Institute of Barbering Inc in Flint, MI (42 miles away)
- Sharps Academy of Hair Styling in Grand Blanc, MI (45 miles away)
- Wright Beauty Academy - Battle Creek in Battle Creek, MI (48 miles away)
- School of Designing Arts in Battle Creek, MI (49 miles away)
- In Session Arts of Cosmetology Beauty School in Saginaw, MI (50 miles away)