Southern Institute of Cosmetology, located in the metropolitan area of Memphis, Tennessee, focuses on cosmetology training for students. For the last fifteen straight years Southern Institute of Cosmetology has received its accreditation from the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences. The school offers a comprehensive cosmetology program that provides the skills and education needed to pursue licensure and employment upon graduation. The cosmetology training courses offered at this school are:
Over the last several years close to 220 students have graduated from Southern Institute of Cosmetology, with a graduation rate of around 40%. This school reported students had a loan default rate of around 6.8% in 2009.
Southern Institute of Cosmetology offers student services including career counseling for students entering a career in cosmetology and help with finding job options for students. Students must look up state licensing regulations to ensure programs meet established standards. For additional information regarding licensing and consumer disclosures, interested students may visit the school's website.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Southern Institute of Cosmetology. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (901) 761-4445 x0.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered usually takes about fifteen months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $16,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $2,100*
- 25 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the cosmetology program is usually 15 months
Read more and find other schools listed by going to our cosmetology schools information page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||86%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||86%||$2,910|
|Receiving Student Loans||86%||$6,612|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Southern Institute of Cosmetology. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Plaza Beauty School in Memphis, TN (3 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - E Memphis in Memphis, TN (4 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - S Memphis in Memphis, TN (4 miles away)
- Tennessee Academy of Cosmetology - East Shelby in Memphis, TN (5 miles away)
- Memphis Institute of Barbering in Memphis, TN (9 miles away)
- Empire Beauty School - N Memphis in Memphis, TN (10 miles away)
- Tennessee Academy of Cosmetology in Memphis, TN (11 miles away)
- Paul Mitchell the School - Memphis in Bartlett, TN (12 miles away)