Students interested in a career in cosmetology and beauty may pursue an education through Spa Tech Institute - Plymouth, which is located in a rural area of Plymouth, MA. For the last 10 years Spa Tech Institute - Plymouth has received its accreditation from the National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences. This school's cosmetology program is designed to train students for immediate employment upon completion, providing all the skills needed to prepare students for licensure and entry into the beauty industry. The cosmetology courses that are taught at this school are:
This school had an enrollment of about 150 students in 2010-2011, with about 73% of those who start the program continue on to complete it. Between the years of 2007-2009 the average default rate for students taking loans to help pay the tuition for this school was approximately 15%.
Spa Tech Institute - Plymouth provides services for students in the form of adaptable training for individuals who require flexibility, job placement opportunities for graduating students in need of employment, and cosmetology career pathway counseling for current and graduated students. Students should look up local and state licensing requirements to make sure programs meet current standards. For information and consumer disclosures, please visit school's website.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Spa Tech Institute – Plymouth. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (508) 747-3130.
The esthetician programs listed below are broken down by the number of contact hours offered.
600 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $10,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $700*
- Takes about 6 months to complete
300 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $5,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $600*
- Takes about 3 months to complete
The massage therapy programs listed below are broken down by the number of contact hours offered.
650 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $12,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,100*
- Takes about 6 months to complete
770 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $14,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $1,400*
- Takes about 7 months to complete
Polarity Therapy (660 Hours)
The polarity therapy program takes about six months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $13,000*
- The estimated cost of supplies that may be required is $1,300*
- The length of the polarity therapy program is usually 6 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||74%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||58%||$2,907|
|Receiving Student Loans||58%||$4,663|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Spa Tech Institute – Plymouth. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- Ailano School of Cosmetology in Brockton, MA (19 miles away)
- La Baron Hairdressing Academy - Brockton in Brockton, MA (19 miles away)
- Rob Roy Academy - Taunton in Taunton, MA (20 miles away)
- Rob Roy Academy - New Bedford in New Bedford, MA (23 miles away)
- Mansfield Beauty Schools - Quincy in Quincy, MA (25 miles away)
- Massachusetts School of Barbering in Quincy, MA (25 miles away)
- La Baron Hairdressing Academy - New Bedford in New Bedford, MA (25 miles away)
- Rob Roy Academy - Fall River in Fall River, MA (29 miles away)