Vanguard College of Cosmetology provides beauty & cosmetology training for students located in Slidell and surrounding areas. In the previous year, over fifty cosmetology students completed their education and prepared for licensing with a graduation rate of around 70%. The cosmetology training courses that may be offered at this location are:
- Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor
To help support students, Vanguard College of Cosmetology may provide services to students, including:
- Career counseling for students
- Job placement assistance
The National Accrediting Commission of Career Arts and Sciences has accredited the cosmetology courses of Vanguard College of Cosmetology for over four straight years. Please visit paulmitchell.edu for more information on programs offered and consumer disclosures.
The list below shows all the programs that may be offered at Vanguard College of Cosmetology. Actual programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at 98564313.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program offered usually takes about eleven months to complete and may satisfy education requirements for licensing.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $18,000*
- Cost of required supplies: $3,100*
- 49 students completed the cosmetology program last year
- Takes about 11 months to complete
Learn more about cosmetology programs by taking a look at our cosmetology schools profile page, which includes lists on other schools offering this program.
Cosmetology, Barber and Nail Instructor
The cosmetology, barber and nail instructor programs listed below are broken down by the number of contact hours offered.
500 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $2,000 per year*
- Cost of required supplies: $600*
- Takes about 3 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||94%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||69%||$5,158|
|Receiving Student Loans||92%||$9,088|
Other Cosmetology Schools Nearby
The list of nearby cosmetology schools below offer beauty and cosmetology programs similar to Vanguard College of Cosmetology. Click the links below to get a detailed profile for each school.
- John Jay Beauty College - New Orleans in New Orleans, LA (23 miles away)
- Stevensons Academy of Hair Design in New Orleans, LA (25 miles away)
- Aveda Institute - Covington in Covington, LA (27 miles away)
- My - Le's Beauty College - Gretna in Gretna, LA (27 miles away)
- Vanguard College of Cosmetology - Metairie in Metairie, LA (28 miles away)
- John Jay Beauty College - Kenner in Kenner, LA (31 miles away)
- Chris Beauty College in Gulfport, MS (43 miles away)
- J & J Hair Design College - Gulfport in Gulfport, MS (44 miles away)