San Francisco Art Institute operates as a nonprofit private art school, which is located in San Francisco, CA. More than ten different programs are offered at San Francisco Art Institute, including degrees as high as a Master's degree. Some of the more popular programs offered for aspiring artists includes:
- Visual and Performing Arts
- Museum Studies
To help students and alumni succeed, San Francisco Art Institute may offer services including:
- Career path counseling
- Student employment
- Helping students find work after graduation
Students can use various means to gauge school performance. A school's graduation and loan default rates are among the strongest indicators of educational and career success. San Francisco Art Institute has a yearly graduation rate of 45%, and a loan default rate of near 6%.
The last reported accreditation for San Francisco Art Institute was done by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design, Commission on Accreditation. To read more and get consumer disclosures, you can visit sfai.edu.
The following is a list of areas of study available at San Francisco Art Institute. Programs that have a link will take you to the program's profile page where education requirements, career pathways, and other information is available.
Find more information about available programs offered by San Francisco Art Institute by clicking the request information button to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Visual and Performing Arts
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around -. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance visit the net price calculator. There is also a $75 application fee for those applying to a program. Students in need of financial assistance can get more information through the school's financial aid department, by calling (415) 749-4560. The financial figures shown on this page provide information regarding costs and fees at this school, these numbers may change in a given year due to a variety of factors.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition estimates are between $40,000-$48,000
- For part-time students, charges are between $1,800-$2,100 per unit
- Required fees for full-time students: $910
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition estimates are between $42,000-$51,000 for graduate students
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,900 to $2,200 per credit hour
- Required fees for graduate students are around $910
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||100%||$17,351|
|Receiving Student Loans||63%||$5,642|
Other Fashion or Art Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to San Francisco Art Institute.
- California College of the Arts in San Francisco, CA (9 miles away)
- New York Film Academy in Burbank, CA (340 miles away)
- Portland Actors Conservatory in Portland, OR (533 miles away)
- Pacific Northwest College of Art in Portland, OR (534 miles away)
- Cornish College of the Arts in Seattle, WA (678 miles away)