Ambria College of Nursing strives to make degrees in nursing accessible, available, and affordable to anyone seeking to advance their careers or enhance their education. Offering day and evening programs in full-time and part-time tracks, the available programs include:
- Practical Nursing Program (LPN) Program
- Registered Nurse (RN) Program
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Program
Ambria College of Nursing is located in Chicago’s northwest suburbs, and is Illinois’s leading provider of private LPN education, as well as the only LPN school that offers an LPN-to-RN Bridge program. The eight-week CNA Program provides students with the necessary knowledge and skills to properly meet basic patient needs and is approved by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
Committed to making education costs affordable, Ambria College of Nursing offers free financial aid workshops, as well as financial aid advisors to help you with the application process. They also help students customize their class schedules - this flexibility allows students to work around jobs and other responsibilities.
Check this page for Open House dates(http://www.ambria.edu/Admissions/OpenHouse/tabid/202/Default.aspx/tabid/202/Default.aspx—there are a couple each month. Take a look at the nursing labs and simulations, or simply ask questions, but be sure to RSVP and arrive early.
An entrance exam is required before enrollment, and testing must be scheduled to ensure seating.
Visit this page (http://www.ambria.edu/Admissions/OnlineAdmission/tabid/250/Default.aspx/tabid/250/Default.aspx) to apply online.
Ambria College of Nursing have offered the programs listed below. Not all programs currently offered by this school may be listed below. Students may contact the school at 84739713 to confirm programs or obtain additional information.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (1,121 Hours)
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes about thirteen months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $27,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $2,950*
- Last year, more than 80 students completed this program
- Students complete this program in usually 13 months
More information and school listings are available through our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs profile page.
The nursing programs listed below are broken down by the number of credit hours offered.
74 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $30,000 per year*
- Cost of books or materials required: $5,000*
- Takes about 24 months to complete
50 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $24,000 per year*
- Cost of books or materials required: $500*
- Takes about 24 months to complete
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around -. To calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $25 application fee for those applying to a program. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at this school. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||60%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||40%||$4,305|
|Receiving Student Loans||60%||$6,833|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Ambria College of Nursing.
- J Renee Career Facilitation in Elgin, IL (4 miles away)
- Resurrection University in Chicago, IL (26 miles away)
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing in Rockford, IL (43 miles away)
- Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing in Peoria, IL (119 miles away)
- Methodist College in Peoria, IL (119 miles away)