The American Health Institute (
The courses currently offered at the
Because of its small contingent of students – 36 enrolled – the academic environment allows for closer interaction and individual attention by the faculty. The 3,000 square foot facility just off US HWY 19 N houses 5 classrooms, a multimedia library, a study room and a “skill room” containing medical equipment typically found in hospitals and nursing homes. Students are encouraged to take advantage of the facilities after class hours to practice and hone skills that they learn in class.
Tuition for in-state and out-of-state students is the same - $11,520 – and those taking courses longer than 4 months’ duration can also apply for loans; in addition, financial aid is available to those who qualify for it. The school is also open to foreign students on an M-1 Visa. In addition, military spouses and veterans are offered a number of special courses that help them get jobs in high-demand vocations irrespective of location.
American Health Institute have offered the programs listed below. Not all programs currently offered by this school may be listed below. Students may contact the school at (727) 232-0175 to confirm programs or obtain additional information.
Get more information about the programs offered by American Health Institute by clicking the request information to the right.
Medical Assistant (58 Hours)
Medical assistant program takes on average twelve months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $14,000*
- Last year, more than 10 students completed this program
- The medical assistant program takes about 12 months to complete
Learn more and see other schools listed by browsing our medical assistant schools profile page.
Practical Nursing, Vocational Nursing and Nursing Assistants (35 Hours)
Practical nursing, vocational nursing and nursing assistants program takes on average six months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $12,000*
- The practical nursing, vocational nursing and nursing assistants program takes about 6 months to complete
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (55 Hours)
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program offered on average takes about fifteen months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $28,000*
- Students complete this program in usually 15 months
Visit our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs profile page to obtain more details and school listings that may help you match the right school..
The program takes about twenty-four months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $24,000*
- Students complete this program in usually 24 months
Medical Lab Technician (74 Hours)
The medical lab technician program takes about eighteen months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $19,000*
- Students usually complete the medical lab technician program in 18 months
Learn more and view other schools listed by checking out our medical lab technician degree information page.
Home Health Aide (5 Hours)
Home health aide program takes on average one month to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $2,000*
- Students complete this program in usually 1 month
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The cost of attendance is approximately - per year, after the grants, scholarships and other forms of aid are calculated. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have a frozen tuition rate, which means the tuition will stay the same for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||98%||$4,332|
|Receiving Student Loans||98%||$6,232|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to American Health Institute.
- Galen School of Nursing - Tampa Bay in Saint Petersburg, FL (31 miles away)
- Taylor College in Belleview, FL (60 miles away)
- American Institute in Orlando, FL (69 miles away)
- Centura Institute in Orlando, FL (81 miles away)
- Lincoln Tech - Fern Park in Fern Park, FL (86 miles away)