The American Institute of Alternative Medicine (AIAM) was founded in 1990 in Columbus, Ohio, with one program enrolling 14 students. It now offers six programs to over 200 students every year, and boasts over 1500 graduated professionals practicing across the globe.
One of its latest additions is the School of Nursing, which offers two tracks to the Associate Degree in Nursing (RN). Launched in 2009, the school’s direct entry track to RN consists of a curriculum that has been designed incorporating traditional and holistic nursing and health care strategies. The Advanced Placement track is meant for current Licensed Practical Nurses as training for the NCLEX-RN Examination and subsequent licensure for the State of Ohio.
The AIAM also consists of a School of Acupuncture and a School of Massage, both of which offer visitors the chance to experience therapy sessions conducted by students or by faculty members. The school is well-known for its highly skilled faculty, who work closely with students in state-of-the art multimedia-supported classroom and clinical environments.
In-state and out-of-state tuition fall between $11,000 and $14,000, and 87% of those enrolled in 2012 availed of financial aid – primarily through student loans, but also by way of scholarships and grants.
As an institution serving the diverse population of Columbus, the AIAM contributes to the community by offering continuing education opportunities that are announced from time to time. It also has the distinction of being the only accredited acupuncture school within a 6-hour drive of Columbus.
American Institute of Alternative Medicine have offered the programs listed below. Not all programs currently offered by this school may be listed below. Students may contact the school at (614) 825-6255 to confirm programs or obtain additional information.
Get more information about the programs offered by American Institute of Alternative Medicine by clicking the request information to the right.
Nursing (110 Hours)
The nursing program takes about twenty-four months for most students to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $37,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $2,650*
- Around 70 students completed the nursing program last year
- The length of the nursing program is about 24 months
More detailed information and school listings are available through our nursing schools profile page.
Practical Nursing, Vocational Nursing and Nursing Assistants (59 Hours)
The practical nursing, vocational nursing and nursing assistants program offered commonly takes about fifteen months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $21,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $1,270*
- Takes about 15 months to complete
Massage Therapy (750 Hours)
Massage therapy program takes ,as reported, twelve months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $15,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $900*
- Based on published reports, around 30 students completed the massage therapy program last year
- The massage therapy program takes about 12 months to complete
Visit our massage therapy schools profile page to obtain more details and school listings that may be beneficial to you in finding the right school.
Acupuncture (130 Hours)
Acupuncture program takes ,as reported, twenty-seven months to complete.
- Tuition (including any fees) estimate is $47,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $1,600*
- The length of the acupuncture program is about 27 months
Read more and find other schools listed by visiting our acupuncture schools information page.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||86%||$4,221|
|Receiving Student Loans||95%||$9,442|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to American Institute of Alternative Medicine.
- Chamberlain College of Nursing - Columbus Campus in Columbus, OH (11 miles away)
- Galen College of Nursing - Cincinnati in Cincinnati, OH (93 miles away)
- Firelands Regional Medical Center School of Nursing in Sandusky, OH (93 miles away)
- Aultman College of Nursing and Health Sciences in Canton, OH (96 miles away)
- Good Samaritan College of Nursing & Health Science in Cincinnati, OH (105 miles away)