Bridgeport Hospital School of Nursing (BHSN) is part of Yale-New Haven Health System, a premier provider of health care services and education in Connecticut. Its mission is “to provide innovative, evidence-based health care education that facilitates quality health outcomes for individuals, families and the community.” Its vision is to be the preferred health care education provider in the region.
BHSN was opened in 1884 and shared premises with the hospital. In 1915, the school got its own facility adjoining the hospital, where it is still located. Since the first batch of six graduating students in 1889, BHSN has graduated over 5,000 nursing professionals, primarily from the greater Bridgeport and New Haven County areas.
The school offers three 2-year programs:
- Diploma in Nursing: Apart from the diploma course, students may also opt for the LPN to RN, Accelerated RN and other related programs.
- Surgical Technology: Graduates of this program are an integral part of the surgical team, being responsible for maintaining the sterile field during surgical procedures.
- Sterile Processing Technician: This 10-day program spread out over three to five weeks’ duration. At the end of the course, students are eligible to sit for the Sterile Processing Technician certification exam.
Tuition varies by program, and can be found on the school’s website. The nursing diploma tuition and other costs totals $ 18,265 for the entire course; the Surgical Technology course costs $6,460; and the Sterile Processing Technician program costs approximately $750.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Find more information about available programs offered by Bridgeport Hospital School of Nursing by clicking the request information button to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Surgical Technologist (C)
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The average annual "out of pocket" cost of attendance, after any grants and scholarships are considered, is around -. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. There is also a $50 application fee for students applying to the school. The financial aid department provides information and resources for students seeking out financial options. Their phone number is (203) 384-3202. The financial details shown on this page are an approximation. The actual costs may differ, please contact this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Tuition is estimated to be around $12,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $450 to $530 per credit hour
- Required fees for full-time students: $1,300
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||80%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||80%||$1,547|
|Receiving Student Loans||80%||$7,788|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Bridgeport Hospital School of Nursing.
- Cochran School of Nursing in Yonkers, NY (41 miles away)
- St. Paul's School of Nursing - Queens in Rego Park, NY (45 miles away)
- Helene Fuld College of Nursing in New York, NY (49 miles away)
- Holy Name Medical Center School of Nursing in Teaneck, NJ (49 miles away)
- Jersey College School of Nursing in Teterboro, NJ (50 miles away)