Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts offers a diverse selection of allied health programs in four separate campuses in San Mateo (main campus), Concord, Fresno and Modesto, California. The Academy’s mission is to offer quality nursing and allied health programs that focus on career and hands-on practical experience.
Incorporated in 2004, the academy’s first program was Ultrasound Technology. The curriculum offering rapidly expanded to Vocational Nursing, MRI and other programs. Today, it offers a range of accredited programs covering most of the allied health fields, including a Personal Fitness Trainer program. Accreditation comes from the ABHES as well as other bodies on both institutional as well as programmatic levels.
Apart from its core courses, the academy also offers continuing education opportunities in IV Therapy/Blood Withdrawal and CPR for Healthcare Providers. All courses are offered at the main campus in San Mateo, but the branch campuses offer fewer courses, with VN, Phlebotomy Technician and Medical Assistant being the common programs at all campuses.
The academy participates in several financial aid programs to assist students in need. In 2012, 86% of the academy’s students received aid, primarily in the form of loans. On-schedule graduation rate currently stands at 80%.
A key component of student life at the academy is clinical rotation, and students are required to rotate throughout all of the academy’s affiliate facilities, which collectively serve more than a dozen counties. The curriculum focuses heavily on clinical experience.
Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts have offered the programs listed below. Not all programs currently offered by this school may be listed below. Students may contact the school at (650) 685-6616 to confirm programs or obtain additional information.
Get more information about the programs offered by Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts by clicking the request information to the right.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (1,570 Hours)
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program offered on average takes about thirteen months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $32,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $970*
- Last year, more than 300 students completed this program
- The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes about 13 months to complete
Get more information about licensed practical nurse (LPN) and find other schools listed by checking out our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs page.
Medical Assistant (43 Hours)
Medical assistant program takes on average eight months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $13,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $560*
- Based on published reports, around 60 students completed the medical assistant program last year
- Takes about 8 months to complete
More detailed information and school listings are available through our medical assistant schools page.
The program takes about fourteen months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $26,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $830*
- Students complete this program in usually 14 months
The programs that are listed below are sorted by the number of contact hours offered.
2,092 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $40,000 per year*
- Cost of books or supplies needed: $1,000*
- Takes about 20 months to complete
2,396 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $50,000 per year*
- Cost of books or supplies needed: $1,900*
- Takes about 24 months to complete
Radiologic Technology (2,956 Hours)
The radiologic technology program offered on average takes about twenty-four months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $50,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $2,360*
- Last year, more than 20 students completed this program
- Students complete this program in usually 24 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at this school is -. In order to calculate a more personalized cost visit the net price calculator. A fee of $75 is required from all applicants. Any tuition and financial aid figures listed provide an outline of costs at this school, however they may not accurately represent current costs, fees, or tuition. Please check with this school for more information.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||88%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||72%||$5,038|
|Receiving Student Loans||81%||$10,555|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Gurnick Academy of Medical Arts.
- Unitek College in Fremont, CA (19 miles away)
- Cambridge Junior College - Woodland in Woodland, CA (83 miles away)
- Central California School in San Luis Obispo, CA (183 miles away)
- Carrington College - Reno in Reno, NV (190 miles away)