The Healthcare Training Institute (HTI) is located in Union, New Jersey, and is considered one of the leading vocational schools in the state.
The Healthcare Training Institute is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) and approved by the State of New Jersey and the United States Department of Education.
HTI’s mission and goal is to foster an environment that utilizes modern technology’s speed to offer high-quality training to students while teaching skills of excellence in communication, leadership, professionalism, and ethics. HTI includes in their training a basic knowledge in medical jurisprudence in relation to the healthcare environment.
HTI specializes in the training of students through long-term healthcare training programs and short-term healthcare training programs in the following career paths:
- Certified Nurse Aide
- Diagnostic Medical Ultrasound Technologist
- Fundamentals of Adult Echocardiography
- Medial Assistant Technician
- Medical Billing Specialist
- Medical Coding and Billing Specialist
- Patient Care Technician
- Phlebotomy and EKG Technician
HTI also offers support to students through student services, such as advising, career loans, as well as placement assistance.
Students seeking to attend HTI must have the following completed before start of class:
- Students must be at least 18 before the first day of class.
- Verifiable ID must be submitted (Driver’s license, birth certificate, passport, or social security card)
- Students must have either a high school diploma, a GED (with test scores) or at least 25 college credits. (Note: some programs require more credentials/documents)
- Students must pass an entrance exam, if applicable to their desired program.
- Students must also meet with an authorized representative of the Healthcare Training Institute to conduct a personal interview. There is a $25 application fee and a $75 registration fee.
More information can be found at http://www.htinj.edu/admissions.html.
The following is a list of areas of study available at Healthcare Training Institute. It is important to note that the list may differ from currently available programs. Students should contact the school to ensure program availability.
Get more information about the programs offered by Healthcare Training Institute by clicking the request information to the right.
program takes ,as reported, twenty-four months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $30,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $840*
- The length of the program is about 24 months
The nursing assistant programs listed below are organized by the number of contact hours offered.
900 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $15,000 per year*
- Cost of books or materials required: $400*
- Takes about 11 months to complete
90 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $1,000 per year*
- Cost of books or materials required: $200*
- Takes about 2 months to complete
240 Contact Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $4,000 per year*
- Cost of books or materials required: $200*
- Takes about 3 months to complete
Medical Assistant (800 Hours)
The medical assistant program takes about ten months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $13,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $440*
- Based on published reports, around 10 students completed the medical assistant program last year
- Takes about 10 months to complete
Get more details and discover other schools listed by visiting our medical assistant schools profile page.
Medical Insurance Biller (660 Hours)
The medical insurance biller program offered commonly takes about eight months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $10,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $700*
- Last year, more than 20 students completed this program
- Takes about 8 months to complete
Read more and browse other schools listed by going to our medical insurance biller courses page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||13%||$5,550|
|Receiving Student Loans||100%||$7,070|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Healthcare Training Institute.
- National Career Institute in East Orange, NJ (5 miles away)
- Eastern International College - Belleville in Belleville, NJ (9 miles away)
- Muhlenberg Harold B. & Dorothy A. Snyder Schools - School of Imaging in Plainfield, NJ (9 miles away)
- Eastern International College - Jersey City in Jersey City, NJ (11 miles away)
- St. Paul's School of Nursing - Staten Island in Staten Island, NY (11 miles away)