Helene Fuld College of Nursing, located in central Harlem, New York, offers a nursing program for professional nurses looking to build upon their knowledge base and move up the career ladder through the acquisition of an associate degree, turning licensed practical nurses into registered nurses. The program offered takes one year to complete through the quarter system. Initial credits are awarded based on pre admission testing and previous work experience. Each quarter is 10 weeks long with classes either being 50 minutes long or 75 minutes long. Upon completion students are qualified to take the NCLEX-RN exam to receive certification as a registered nurse.
Admissions and Financial Aid
Applicants to the Helene Fuld College of Nursing, must have their LPN and be graduates of high school or have a GED. Applicants will be asked to take tests prior to admission to gauge the abilities and skills they possess. Additionally, references must be given as well as essays which will be reviewed, as well as an interview with the faculty. When applying, students must follow the admissions checklist to submit the information necessary.
Students in need of financial aid must complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), provide a copy their most recent tax return to the school, and if they are a resident of the state of New York, apply for TAP awards. With the use of this information the school will determine financial aid awards for students.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Learn more about programs available at Helene Fuld College of Nursing by clicking on the request information button.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Nursing (A, B)
- The tuition charges per year are around $18,300*
- Required fees, excluding tuition, cost about $460*
- Part-time per credit hour charges for undergraduates are $340*
- About 180 students were granted degrees in the last reported year
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $18,000-$22,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $340 to $410 per credit hour
- Required fees for full-time students: $480
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||55%||$1,106|
|Student Loans (Federal)||58%||$2,895|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Helene Fuld College of Nursing.
- Phillips Beth Israel School of Nursing in New York, NY (4 miles away)
- Holy Name Medical Center School of Nursing in Teaneck, NJ (6 miles away)
- Jersey College School of Nursing in Teterboro, NJ (8 miles away)
- St. Paul's School of Nursing - Queens in Rego Park, NY (9 miles away)
- Cochran School of Nursing in Yonkers, NY (10 miles away)