Henrico County’s Saint Mary’s Hospital School of Practical Nursing is located in Henrico, Virginia. Saint Mary’s is approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing and the Virginia Department of Education. It also is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN).
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) are nurses who care for sick, injured, or disabled individuals, under care and direction from physicians and/or registered nurses (RNs). LPNs may be employed in hospitals, physician offices, long-term care facilities, insurance companies, or public health agencies.
The Practical Nursing program is an eighteen-month long program with the first nine months being part-time and taught at Hermitage Technical Center (morning or afternoon sessions) or Highland Springs Technical Center (afternoon sessions). Practical Nursing II (the second nine months) is a full-time course from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekdays, with classes being held at Mount Vernon Adult Education Complex.
Students wishing to apply should do so directly to the School of Practical Nursing, wherein an Admissions Committee will review the application, which includes the following criteria:
- High School Transcripts, or GED scores (if applicable)
- College transcripts (if applicable)
- Three educational and/or work references
- A minimum GPA of 2.5
- Pre-admission testing (TEAS) upon receipt of a completed application.
Students will also be required to provide immunization records, CPR certifications, and adhere to a criminal background check to be admitted to the program.
Upon completion of the nursing program, students will be eligible to take the national nursing licensure exam.
To aid in employment, Saint Mary’s Hospital School of Practical Nursing offers job placement assistance to students.
Financial aid assistance is available for eligible students in the form of loans, grants, scholarships, and work-study programs.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Get more information about the programs offered by Henrico County – Saint Marys Hospital School of Practical Nursing by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (C)
- Students are charged around $480 per year in tuition costs*
- Estimated required fees (in addition to tuition) for this program: $950*
- Part-time undergraduate students can expect to pay around $10 per credit hour*
- Thirty students graduated in the last reported year
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- The estimated tuition range is around $480-$580 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $12 to $14 per credit hour
- Required fees for full-time students: $1,000
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||32%||$3,221|
|Student Loans (Federal)||46%||$5,655|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Henrico County – Saint Marys Hospital School of Practical Nursing.
- Global Health College in Alexandria, VA (89 miles away)
- Centra College of Nursing in Lynchburg, VA (102 miles away)
- Delaware County Technical School - Practical Nursing Program in Broomall, PA (196 miles away)
- Fayette County Career & Technical Institute - Practical Nursing Program in Uniontown, PA (207 miles away)
- B M Spurr School of Practical Nursing in Glen Dale, WV (248 miles away)