Are you ready to start your medical education at Louisiana's premiere teaching hospitals? LSU Health in Shreveport may have the educational training you need. LSUHSCS offers Doctorate's, Master's, and Bachelor's degrees in various healthcare fields like
- Cardiopulmonary Science
- Medical Technology
- Physician Assistant
- Physical Therapy- and other rehabilitative services
- Biomedical Sciences
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Pharmacology, Toxicology and Neuroscience
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
LSUHSCS is part of Louisiana State University, one of Louisiana's public state universities. It is the ideal school to get your medical education because the school is located in a large hospital complete with a Burn Unit that functions as the area's ONLY Level One Trauma Center, a cancer unit, and a Children's Hospital that is affiliated with St. Jude.
Researchers in the School of Medicine conduct work in state-of-the-art laboratories in Biomedical Research Institute. Other clinical work and most of the classroom work are conducted at the nearby University Hospital.
Tuition varies between programs and financial aid is available. Residents of Louisiana pay in-state tuition rates because LSU is a public state school. LSUHSCS also provides continuing medical education to the area's local medical community. This supports the school's mission to provide lifelong learning to its doctors and other health professionals.
The following is a list of areas of study available at Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center – Shreveport. Programs that have a link will take you to the program's profile page where education requirements, career pathways, and other information is available.
Get more information about the programs offered by Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center – Shreveport by clicking the request information to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Biological and Biomedical Sciences
Health and Clinical Professions
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $9,000-$11,000
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $350 to $420 per credit hour
- Required fees for full-time students: $1,500
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- The estimated tuition range for graduate students is around $13,000-$16,000 per year
- For part-time students, charges are between $600-$720 per unit
- Required fees for graduate students are around $910
- Annual tuition estimates for specific graduate schools:
- Medical School: $27,000 (See all Medical Schools in Louisiana)
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||63%||$6,131|
|Student Loans (Federal)||74%||$10,080|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center – Shreveport.
- American Institute of Medical Technology in Tulsa, OK (276 miles away)
- Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center - New Orleans in New Orleans, LA (279 miles away)