Medtech began operations in 2004 with the initial campus located in Indianapolis, Indiana. Within 5 years an additional four campuses were opened, one of which was a dedicated nursing school due to the popularity of the program. In 2010, Medtech merged with Sanz School and Javelin Technical Training Center, resulting in campuses in multiple states and the ability to better serve students in the southern and eastern United States.
The college provides career educations in allied health, nursing and business information technology. Locations can be found in Indiana, Kentucky, Geargia, Maryland, Florida and Washington DC.
Programs at Medtech vary in length depending on whether the student will pursue a degree or diploma as well as the program type. Associate degree programs can take as little as 12-15 months, with diploma programs taking as little as 9 months. Short term programs can also be useful for augmenting one's skill set, allowing for more responsibility in a given workplace.
Medtech offers programs in allied health, nursing and business IT, and graduates will be qualified to enter entry level positions within those fields upon graduation. The goal of the school is to provide an encouraging atmosphere for education that allows for the growth and development of students.
Programs offered include:
- Practical Nursing
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Information Technology Professional
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist
Admissions and Financial Aid
Students interested in admission to Medtech should contact the school in order to be assigned an admissions representative. As each program has its own admission requirements, the admissions officer will assist in finding the right program for the applicant and guide the applicant in complete his or her application. Financial aid is available in the form of grants, scholarships, loans, military benefits, and work study programs. Students should complete and submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to determine eligibility and awards. Each campus has its own financial aid deadlines, students should identify their campuses deadlines and make sure they provide all the information and materials necessary prior to the given date in order to be considered.
The following is a list of programs offered at MedTech College. Please consider that the list may differ from currently available programs. Students should contact the school to ensure program availability.
Health Management and Clinical Assistant
The health management and clinical assistant programs that are listed below are broken down by the number of credit hours offered.
96 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $27,000 per year*
- Cost of books or materials required: $2,900*
- Takes about 15 months to complete
58 Credit Hours
- Estimated tuition and fees: $15,000 per year*
- Cost of books or materials required: $1,900*
- Takes about 9 months to complete
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (104 Hours)
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program offered commonly takes about fifteen months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $35,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $3,070*
- Last year, more than 90 students completed this program
- Takes about 15 months to complete
More detailed information and school listings are available through our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs information page.
Medical Technology (123 Hours)
The medical technology program offered commonly takes about twenty-four months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $41,000*
- Cost of required supplies and books: $3,470*
- Around 20 students completed the medical technology program last year
- Students complete this program in usually 24 months
Check out our medical technology degree profile page to obtain a complete overview and school listings that can help guide you in finding the perfect school.
Nursing (104 Hours)
The nursing program takes about twenty-one months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $47,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $3,820*
- Last year, more than 100 students completed this program
- Takes about 21 months to complete
Find out more nursing programs by visiting our nursing schools profile page, which also includes lists of schools offering this program.
Medical Insurance Coding (96 Hours)
Medical insurance coding program takes ,as reported, fifteen months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $27,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $3,130*
- Last year, more than 20 students completed this program
- The medical insurance coding program takes about 15 months to complete
Take a look at our medical insurance coding courses profile page to obtain more information and school listings that may help you match the right school..
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The cost of attendance is approximately - per year, after the grants, scholarships and other forms of aid are calculated. To calculate a more accurate and detailed cost of attendance check out their cost calculator here. The cost to submit an application is $20. The school's financial aid department offers additional information regarding types of aid, how to apply and more. Students may contact the school by calling (317) 845-0100 x203. The figures listed are for informational purposes only and do not represent current or future tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||90%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||80%||$4,641|
|Receiving Student Loans||86%||$7,583|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to MedTech College.
- MedTech College - Greenwood Campus in Greenwood, IN (19 miles away)
- Saint Elizabeth School of Nursing in Lafayette, IN (57 miles away)
- Lakeview College of Nursing in Danville, IL (86 miles away)
- MedTech College - Ft. Wayne Campus in Ft. Wayne, IN (90 miles away)
- Ross Institute of Medical and Dental Technology in Cincinnati, OH (93 miles away)