The Research College of Nursing is located in Kansas City, Missouri, which is one of the largest cities in the entire state. Kansas City has a population of 464,310 and is a major metropolitan area. The city has a major jazz influence and is known for its local jazz coffee shops. The city has also built an extensive parks and boulevard system that includes more than 214 urban parks. For students in the area, there is more than enough around in order to get away on a weekend. Spending free time in Kansas City has never been a problem.
The Research College of Nursing is a small institution, but it is very well known as a leader in its field. There are 10 students for every faculty member, a good ratio even for a smaller college. The college offers courses for both graduates and undergraduates, making it more versatile than most nursing schools in the country which simply offer two year associate’s degrees. There are four course offerings for students:
- Clinical Nurse Leader
- Executive Nurse Practice
- Nurse Educator
- Nurse Family Practitioner
Because of the competitiveness of the college and its offerings in both undergraduate and graduate studies, the cost of admissions is high. In 2012, that cost was listed at $27,350. Total enrollment was listed at 550, which is bigger than other comparable nursing schools. If you are interested in attending Research College of Nursing, the application fee is $25. Students cannot receive federal aid such as Pell grants because the college is not in the federal system, but the school offers many of its own financial aid programs that help students to cover the costs of attendance.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Find more information about available programs offered by Research College of Nursing by clicking the request information button to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
Nursing (B, C, M)
- The tuition charges per year are around $32,080 for undergraduates and $8,550 for graduate students*
- Required fees are estimated to be around $1,200*
- Part-time per credit hour charges for undergraduates are $1,070*
- About 150 students were granted degrees in the last reported year
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
Undergraduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Tuition is estimated to be around $35,000 per year
- The estimated tuition for part time students is around $1,100 to $1,300 per credit hour
- Required fees: $1,300
Graduate Courses - Tuition Details
- Tuition is estimated to be around $9,400 per year for graduate students
- Part time students are estimated to pay about $480 to $570 per unit
- Required fees for graduate students are around $300
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||60%||$23,806|
|Student Loans (Federal)||61%||$9,870|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Research College of Nursing.
- Saint Luke's College of Health Sciences in Kansas City, MO (3 miles away)
- Blessing Rieman College of Nursing in Quincy, IL (180 miles away)
- Chamberlain College of Nursing - Missouri in St. Louis, MO (223 miles away)
- Lutheran School of Nursing in Saint Louis, MO (235 miles away)
- Graham Hospital School of Nursing in Canton, IL (263 miles away)