Chester Career College is a privately owned two-years-or-below non-degree-granting institution located in Chester, VA. The college provides several vocational diploma and associate’s courses in Cosmetology, Massage Therapy, Nursing, Medical Assisting, Surgical Technology and Pharmacy.
The mission of Chester Career College (CCC) focuses on providing educational career programs that prepare students for success in their chosen vocations within the health care industry. The college aims to bring students up to competency levels that will enable them to enter the workforce or enhance their potential in their current jobs.
The school was incorporated in 1997 to serve the Richmond Metropolitan area’s residents by providing a quality professional school offering diverse programs. As of 1999, the school has been fully accredited by the Council on Occupational Education (COE). Originally located on Franklin Street in Richmond, the college went through many re-locations and expansions until the final approval in 2012 of the Chester campus as the main school campus.
CCC does accept transfer of credits from other institutions based on certain criteria, but does not currently have any agreements in place with other colleges or universities for students to continue their education towards higher degrees.
CCC offers several types of financial aid to qualifying students, including loans, grants and scholarships. In some cases, the college may offer a financial aid package consisting of multiple fund sources.
Job placement assistance is provided at the end of graduation, and the school encourages graduates who have found jobs on their own to share any information about their successful employment with the school.
Below is a list of the programs that may be offered at Chester Career College. Programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (804) 751-9191.
Get more information about the programs offered by Chester Career College by clicking the request information to the right.
Practical Nursing, Vocational Nursing and Nursing Assistants (78 Hours)
The practical nursing, vocational nursing and nursing assistants program offered most often takes about sixteen months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $32,000*
- Around 30 students completed the practical nursing, vocational nursing and nursing assistants program last year
- The practical nursing, vocational nursing and nursing assistants program takes about 16 months to complete
Medical Assistant (62 Hours)
The medical assistant program offered most often takes about eighteen months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $30,000*
- Last year, more than 10 students completed this program
- Students usually complete the medical assistant program in 18 months
Learn more and view other schools listed by checking out our medical assistant schools page.
Surgical Technologist (76 Hours)
Surgical technologist program takes approximately twenty months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $32,000*
- Takes about 20 months to complete
More detailed information and school listings are available through our surgical technologist schools page.
Pharmacy Technician (62 Hours)
Pharmacy technician program takes approximately eighteen months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $24,000*
- More than 10 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The length of the pharmacy technician program is about 18 months
Visit our pharmacy technician training profile page to obtain a complete overview and school listings that may be beneficial to you in finding the right school.
Cosmetology (1,500 Hours)
The cosmetology program takes about fourteen months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $21,000*
- More than 20 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- Students complete this program in usually 14 months
Learn more and find other schools listed by going to our cosmetology schools profile page.
Massage Therapy (750 Hours)
Massage therapy program takes approximately ten months to complete.
- Estimated tuition and fees: $16,000*
- Based on published reports, around 10 students completed the massage therapy program last year
- Students complete this program in usually 10 months
More information and school listings are available through our massage therapy schools information page.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||98%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||83%||$4,873|
|Receiving Student Loans||79%||$7,739|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Chester Career College.
- Fortis College - Richmond in Richmond, VA (7 miles away)
- Riverside School of Health Careers in Newport News, VA (69 miles away)
- Central School of Practical Nursing - Norfolk in Norfolk, VA (86 miles away)
- Sentara College of Health Sciences in Chesapeake, VA (89 miles away)
- Virginia Beach City Public Schools School of Practical Nursing in Virginia Beach, VA (98 miles away)