Rockland County BOCES is located in West Nyack, New York, and is proud to be a BOCES, which stands for Boards of Cooperative Educational Services. Created in 1948, BOCES provides educational programs and services to New York state school districts. There are 37 total BOCES in New York, which provide shared programs to a total of 720 public school districts.
The BOCES mission seeks to provide shared services to school districts and initiate collaboration to close gaps in student achievements so that students can prepare for roles in the global economy.
Rockland BOCES believes it is their responsibility to help each student realize their intrinsic value so that they can pursue their dreams. Rockland BOCES honors this belief by providing instructional excellence and quality leadership to its students.
The Rockland BOCES Practical Nursing Program has two enrollment options for potential students:
- Full-time for one year (day classes)
- Part-time for two years (day classes)
Students who graduate from Rockland BOCES are eligible to sit for the Licensed Practical Nursing Licensure Examination, which is given by the New York State Board of Nursing.
Admission to Rockland BOCES is very competitive and consideration is given based on work history, prior academic history, the application interview, and entrance exam results.
Students wishing to apply should:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a high school diploma
- Pass an entrance exam ($50 non-refundable testing fee)
- Be a U.S. citizen or have legal status
- Complete an interview
- Submit a completed medical and physical history, along with immunization records
- Complete a financial aid application (or pay tuition in full) by September 1
Tuition, fees, and other expenses vary and can be viewed at Rockland BOCES or via a simple request from our digital portal.
The following is a list of programs offered at Rockland County BOCES – Practical Nursing Program. Available programs may be different than those listed. For a complete and comprehensive list of programs available please visit the school's website or call the school at 84562713.
Get more information about the programs offered by Rockland County BOCES – Practical Nursing Program by clicking the request information to the right.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (1,080 Hours)
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes about ten months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $14,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $320*
- Around 40 students completed the licensed practical nurse (LPN) program last year
- The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes about 10 months to complete
More detailed information and school listings are available through our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs page.
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||75%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||75%||$5,730|
|Receiving Student Loans||75%||$8,067|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Rockland County BOCES – Practical Nursing Program.
- Putnam - Westchester BOCES Practical Nursing Program in Yorktown Heights, NY (16 miles away)
- Holy Name Medical Center School of Nursing in Teaneck, NJ (17 miles away)
- Orange - Ulster BOCES - School of Practical Nursing in Goshen, NY (27 miles away)
- Mildred Elley - New York in New York, NY (29 miles away)
- Veeb Nassau County School of Practical Nursing in Hicksville, NY (36 miles away)