Sanford Medical Center School of Radiologic Technology is located in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The program requires two years of study. Classes are held from 7 a.m. – 3 p.m. and 11 a.m.-7 p.m., Monday through Friday. Students will receive clinical opportunities. Roughly 10% of the student’s total clinical hours are spent on evening and weekend assignments. Students will not be scheduled more than 40 hours per week, or 10 hours per day. The cost of tuition is $1,500. Getting a degree doesn’t have to cost a lot.
Upon graduation, students will receive a certificate. Students who complete the program can apply to the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) for the nationally recognized certification examination. This certification provides one with the credentials needed to be a professional radiologic technologist.
The outlook for radiologic technologist is excellent. They are an important cog in the health care system. Radiologist Technicians provide images of bones, organs, and vessels to doctors. The technologist works with the guidance of a radiologist (a licensed doctor of medicine specializing in the use of x-ray and radioisotopes for diagnosis or therapeutic purposes in medicine).
Radiologic Technologists can specialize in sonography, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), mammography, nuclear medicine, interventional radiology, radiation therapy, quality management, education or management. Entry level salaries start at $40,000 depending on location.
How to Apply
- A completed application form
- Official high school transcript or certificate of GED scores
- Students must take the ACT and report their scores
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools
- Three references. References should complete the form and place it in a sealed envelope
- Eligibility for an interview will be determined by a point system based on a composite score of the above application materials
- Interviews will be announced after January 31st deadline
Below is a list of the programs that may be offered at Sanford Medical Center School of Radiologic Technology. Programs may differ from the list below, to get an official list of programs offered please visit the school's website or by phone at (605) 333-6466.
Radiologic Technology (3,600 Hours)
The radiologic technology program offered on average takes about twenty-four months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $2,000*
- Required supplies and books: $570*
- More than 10 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- Students usually complete the radiologic technology program in 24 months
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||21%||$5,782|
|Student Loans (Federal)||42%||$5,447|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Sanford Medical Center School of Radiologic Technology.
- School of Radiologic Technology - Avera McKennan Hospital in Sioux Falls, SD (1 miles away)
- Avera Sacred Heart Hospital in Yankton, SD (57 miles away)
- Alegent Health School of Radiologic Technology in Omaha, NE (163 miles away)
- Mercy - St. Luke's School of Radiologic Technology in Cedar Rapids, IA (279 miles away)