St. John’s College is located in Springfield, Illinois, on the campus of St. John’s Hospital. It was founded by the Hospital Sisters of St. Francis over 125 years ago, and offers innovated career programs to help prepare students for patient care. Individual attention is given to each student so that they experience an array of clinical experiences from birth to wellness to caring for the dying.
St. John’s College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. Its nursing program is also accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). It is approved by the Illinois Board of Higher Education and the Illinois Department of Professional Regulation.
St. John’s College seeks to provide excellence of higher learning through baccalaureate education in professional nursing to help shape graduate students who are inquisitive, articulate, creative, and productive members of society.
St. John’s College offers the following programs of study:
- Early Admission of High School Seniors
- General Admission of Pre-licensure Students
- Accelerated Pre-Licensure BSN Students
- RN-BSN Hybrid Distance Education Program (a combination of online curriculum and minimal face to face instruction)
Admission requirements vary based on a student’s chosen program of study. For more information about the admission requirements, students should visit the website admission’s page at SJCS.edu today.
The program list below was created by historical graduation information reported by the school. This list may not represent the current curriculum offered. Visit the school's website to get more information about programs offered.
Find more information about available programs offered by St Johns College by clicking the request information button to the right.
(C) Certificate or Award | (A) Associate's | (B) Bachelor's | (M) Master's Degree | (D) Doctorate (PhD,...)
- The tuition charges per year are around $18,070*
- Required fees, excluding tuition, cost about $1,170*
- For part-time undergraduate students, the cost of attendance is about $750 per credit hour*
- About sixty students were granted degrees in the last reported year
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Tuition & Fees Information
- Annual tuition is estimated to range between $18,000-$22,000
- Part time students are estimated to pay about $750 to $900 per unit
- Required fees for full-time students: $1,200
Alternate Tuition Plan Options Available
- Some programs may have tuition rates that will remain the same as the first year for up to five years.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||29%||$4,003|
|Student Loans (Federal)||77%||$9,518|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to St Johns College.
- Graham Hospital School of Nursing in Canton, IL (56 miles away)
- Methodist College in Peoria, IL (62 miles away)
- Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing in Peoria, IL (62 miles away)
- Chamberlain College of Nursing - Missouri in St. Louis, MO (87 miles away)
- Lutheran School of Nursing in Saint Louis, MO (90 miles away)