Developing successful individual careers is the main goal of State Career School, a private institution offering Medical Assistant, Chairside Assistant and Basic Nursing Assistant programs. It was in 2007 when this school was founded in Waukegan, Illinois. The facility in this campus intended for classroom, clinical and laboratory use is 5,000 square feet wide.
State Career School is accredited by the Accrediting Bureau of Health Education Schools (ABHES) and is certified by the Division of Private Business and Vocational Schools of the Illinois Board of Higher Education. Students 17 years of age and above, high school graduate or with GED are qualified to apply for admission. Before the actual enrollment, applicants are required to attend a personal interview.
The Medical Assistant program can be finished in 45 weeks and it is designed to prepare students for a career in physician's clinics and medical institutions. On the other hand, Chairside Assistant graduates are trained to obtain positions in dental office and clinics. This program only takes 17 weeks to finish. Moreover, for 8 weeks, students can complete the Basic Nursing Assistant program. Graduates of this program are qualified for a position as Certified Nursing Assistant or Home Health Aide in nursing homes, hospitals and home care settings. Classes for these programs are held during the day, in the afternoon and at night.
These programs are facilitated by highly qualified faculty utilizing well-designed programs to ensure that students receive quality education. Accordingly, State Career College produce graduate students equipped with the practical knowledge and competence needed to obtain a competitive career in the healthcare industry. This college also values lifetime growth and learning as it provide its graduate students with dynamic and ongoing job development services.
The following is a list of programs being offered at State Career School. It is important to note that the list may be different from programs currently being offered. Students should contact the school to ensure program availability.
Medical Assistant (900 Hours)
Medical assistant program takes approximately eleven months to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $11,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $3,600*
- More than 30 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The medical assistant program takes about 11 months to complete
More detailed information and school listings are available through our medical assistant schools information page.
Dental Assistant (200 Hours)
The dental assistant program takes about five months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $3,000*
- Required supplies and books: $1,480*
- Last year, more than 10 students completed this program
- Students usually complete the dental assistant program in 5 months
Take a look at our dental assistant schools profile page to obtain a complete overview and school listings that may be beneficial to you in finding the right school.
Nursing Assistant (138 Hours)
The nursing assistant program takes about two months for most students to complete.
- Estimated tuition cost of this program is $1,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $50*
- Around 20 students completed the nursing assistant program last year
- Takes about 2 months to complete
Find out more nursing assistant programs by taking a look at our nursing assistant training profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions as well.
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||82%||$6,734|
|Receiving Student Loans||80%||$7,354|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to State Career School.
- J Renee Career Facilitation in Elgin, IL (30 miles away)
- Milwaukee Career College in Milwaukee, WI (50 miles away)
- Ross Medical Education Center - Granger in Granger, IN (97 miles away)
- Ross Medical Education Center - Roosevelt Park in Roosevelt Park, MI (99 miles away)
- Ross Medical Education Center - Portage in Portage, MI (116 miles away)