Stone Academy in East Hartford has been providing quality education with a career focus in Connecticut since 1864. The academy offers programs of two years and less, and even personalizes some of its course offerings depending on the needs of potential students.
Stone Academy has a rich history of providing career education for the Greater New Haven, Waterbury and Hartford communities for nearly 150 years. Originally founded as Yale Business College, the college has undergone several name changes. However, its mission has remained unwavering: to provide an academic environment where career-focused students may equip themselves with the “skills and attitudes” required to make a difference in the fields of business and allied health. The academy operates three campus locations: East Hartford, West Haven and Waterbury. Some programs are offered at all campuses, and some at specific ones. Programs include:
- Medical Assistant
- Patient Care Associate – CNA
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Medical Office Professional
In addition, students can also opt for personalized programs that pair them with teachers and enable them to acquire administrative skills that will stand them in good stead in any office setting.
One of the major benefits of acquiring an education at Stone Academy is that it allows them to get hands-on training at professional organizations in the communities they serve. For example, students of the Medical Assistant program get the opportunity to work in a variety of medical settings that include hospitals, clinics, private practices and laboratories. This gives them real-life experiences that few other institutions can offer to match.
The following is a list of programs offered at Stone Academy – East Hartford. Acutal programs offered may be different than the list of programs below.. For a complete and comprehensive list of programs available you can visit the school's website or call the school at (860) 569-0618.
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (1,799 Hours)
The licensed practical nurse (LPN) program takes about sixteen months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $29,000*
- Cost of required books or supplies: $3,820*
- Around 80 students completed the licensed practical nurse (LPN) program last year
- Takes about 16 months to complete
Learn more and see other schools listed by visiting our licensed practical nurse (LPN) Programs profile page.
Nursing Assistant (28 Hours)
The nursing assistant program takes about six months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $8,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $110*
- Based on published reports, around 60 students completed the nursing assistant program last year
- The nursing assistant program takes about 6 months to complete
Find out more nursing assistant programs by visiting our nursing assistant training profile page, which includes listings and career descriptions as well.
Medical Assistant (56 Hours)
Medical assistant program takes ,as reported, twelve months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $19,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $2,280*
- Based on published reports, around 20 students completed the medical assistant program last year
- The medical assistant program takes about 12 months to complete
Get more information about medical assistant and see other schools listed by going to our medical assistant schools information page.
The program offered commonly takes about twelve months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $16,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $1,540*
- The length of the program is about 12 months
*The posted costs for tuition, fees and supplies are determined through historical data and may not represent current costs.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimated to provide a comparative context. For more detailed information individuals are asked to contact the school.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
Once scholarships, grants and other forms of aid are calculated, the expected average cost for students at this school is -. In order to calculate a more personalized cost check out their cost calculator here. The tuition and financial aid figures listed show various costs that students may encounter at this school. The numbers may not be accurate due to changing factors in a given year, and are only intended to provide a guideline for students.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||100%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||75%||$2,699|
|Receiving Student Loans||17%||$236|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Stone Academy – East Hartford.
- Stone Academy - Waterbury in Waterbury, CT (23 miles away)
- Stone Academy - Hamden in West Haven, CT (32 miles away)
- Dutchess BOCES - School of Practical Nursing in Poughkeepsie, NY (63 miles away)
- Putnam - Westchester BOCES Practical Nursing Program in Yorktown Heights, NY (67 miles away)
- Eastern Suffolk BOCES - School of Practical Nursing in Patchogue, NY (70 miles away)