Texas Health School (THS) operates with a mission to provide quality education programs that prepare students for employment in the allied health profession. Offering five core programs ranging in duration from 3 weeks to 32 weeks, the school lays emphasis on hands-on training that is relevant from an employer’s perspective with focus on areas that offer long-term job opportunities.
THS offers the following diploma courses:
- Medication Aide
- Nurse Aide
- Massage Therapy
- Medical Assistant
- Physical Therapy Technician
The main campus of THS is located in Houston, with a secondary campus providing similar services in the north, in The Woodlands.
The programs offered are flexible, and can be taken as day or evening courses. The short-term duration of courses ensure that graduate students are brought up to a level of employability that is required by most potential employers. With extra focus on hands-on training, this gives THS graduates an edge when it comes to job opportunities.
Tuition is slightly under the $12,000 mark, and enrollment is under 200 students, all of whom are undergraduates. The small class sizes facilitate enhanced one-to-one interaction between students and faculty members during instruction. Financial aid is available to qualifying students, and THS also honors Vocational Rehabilitation and Veteran Benefits. The school office provides guidance and assistance for qualifying students looking for financial assistance. Compared to similar schools, only about half of the students apply for and receive financial aid.
The following is a list of programs offered at Texas Health School. Available programs may be different than those listed. For a detailed list of programs available students may visit the school's website or call the school at (713) 932-9333.
Get more information about the programs offered by Texas Health School by clicking the request information to the right.
Medical Assistant (38 Hours)
The medical assistant program takes about eight months for most students to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $15,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $370*
- Last year, more than 40 students completed this program
- The medical assistant program takes about 8 months to complete
Get more details and see other schools listed by visiting our medical assistant schools profile page.
Nursing Assistant (100 Hours)
Nursing assistant program takes approximately one month to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $1,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $170*
- Around 60 students completed the nursing assistant program last year
- The nursing assistant program takes about 1 month to complete
Learn more and see other schools listed by checking out our nursing assistant training page.
Physical Therapist Assistant (34 Hours)
The physical therapist assistant program offered most often takes about eight months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $13,000*
- Estimated cost of required books and supplies are around $270*
- More than 20 students completed this program in the previous reported year
- The physical therapist assistant program takes about 8 months to complete
Get more information about physical therapist assistant and see other schools listed by checking out our physical therapist assistant schools profile page.
Massage Therapy (715 Hours)
The massage therapy program offered most often takes about eight months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $11,000*
- Required supplies and books: $980*
- Last year, more than 10 students completed this program
- Students usually complete the massage therapy program in 8 months
Get more details and see other schools listed by checking out our massage therapy schools information page.
Medication Aide (140 Hours)
Medication aide program takes approximately three months to complete.
- Tuition costs are estimated to be $2,000*
- The estimated cost of books or supplies required is $110*
- The length of the medication aide program is about 3 months
*Amounts for tuition, fees, and supplies are an estimate which are calculated based on historical data and should be solely used for informational purposes only.
**Repayment rates, earnings, and loan payments are estimates and should be treated as informational tools only, contact the school for official information.
Estimated Costs & Financial Aid
The items listed below are for informational purposes only and may not represent current tuition, fees, and expenses.
Note: Financial aid is only available for those who qualify, check with the school for details.
Financial Aid Details
The table below breaks down the types of financial aid, the percent of students receiving aid, and average amount of aid per student.
|Percent of Students||Average Amount|
|Any Financial Aid||39%||-|
|Receiving Grants & Scholarships||35%||$3,319|
|Receiving Student Loans||36%||$6,687|
Other Healthcare or Nursing Schools
The list of nearby schools has been selected by researching which schools offer similar programs to Texas Health School.
- College of Health Care Professions - SW Houston in Houston, TX (7 miles away)
- PCI Health Training Center in Dallas, TX (223 miles away)
- Arlington Medical Institute in Arlington, TX (225 miles away)
- Medical Training College in Baton Rouge, LA (273 miles away)
- Valley Grande Institute for Academic Studies in Weslaco, TX (290 miles away)